Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
20,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have say a pre 07 400 Burgman and personally can not even remove a lenses cover to replace a bulb without screwing something up so its off to the dealer for EVERYTHING.

At current Flat Rate plus dealers cost of parts, what are the costs to go 50,000 miles? Things like Speedo drive dohicky repairs, drive Belt changes, Slider/roller replacements, Clutch bell and Clutch pads and any gaskets for the exhaust is what I am talking about, not tires, brake pad or bulb replacements. Just the main hard parts. Drive it in or towed, them do all the work and you just pay and drive off?

I will ask this same question on the 2007 and up side so answer here for any Pre 07 400's please.

·
Administrator
20,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yes, if you added say some Dr Pully sliders or a Hasbro Clutch just to make it go better, I would include that cost as maintenance to make it better.

·
I'm Retired
9,371 Posts
Oh yes, if you added say some Dr Pully sliders or a Hasbro Clutch just to make it go better, I would include that cost as maintenance to make it better.
Unless the clutch or OEM rollers have worn out, those are a discretionary cost, not a requirement. Much like adding a cup holder or seat cushion. Or changing fork oil, or shocks on a 650. Right?

If you decide to count them, then how many times do you count them? I've changed Dr. Pulley sliders probably 8-10 times when I was testing the new design for Paul Wu. I also helped Joe Smith fix his aftermarket clutch and pulled that out about 5 times. All purely discretionary. Where do you count discretionary costs and when do you not?

If you're looking for a comparison of costs, then I'd stick to what is required maintenance and not inflate the figures with discretionary costs.

Chris

·
Administrator
20,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, kind of both. If the 400 is too slow being stock and a set of sliders or a new fangeled clutch will make it faster, that should be included. I would not include changing shields or LED bulbs. Taking the CVT apart to clean the dust out, included.

Like said, on the 650 we do not need to add on to make it go faster.

·
Administrator
20,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kind of sense that I will not get an up front honest answer here. Some may report what it cost for them to do the work, OK how many hours X $110 per hour.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Ok let me assume that you followed the Suzuki Scheduled maintenance chart you would be spending $200-$400 every 3500 miles divided by 50,000 and you get a little over 14 service bills but you might as well say 15 because of the 600 mile break in service. So you could feasibly spend up to $6000 easily including Farkles that you talk the dealership to install during your regular service visits. Of course the DIY'er would spend 1/3 of that including Farkles and more. It costs me $6 dollars for every oil change times 15 is $90 for 50,000 miles, Idler bearing and speedo sensor $40, Belt and weights $250, and a spark plug. The best I can estimate it will cost me under $400 for the 50,000 mile mark not including any of my Farkles. None of which are performance upgrades to make my ride "better" but simply aesthetic and more pleasing to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts