Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an Suzuki burgman AN400. I am looking to change out my oil and cvt gear oil but would like to know the recommended torque wrench size and the amount of torque needed per each bolt. Thank you all for your time and help..

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Welcome Scoob_noob. As you have posted in the 2007+ area, I am assuming your bike is 2007+. It makes a slight difference if you have the earlier version. So don't follow the advice below if that is the case. There are minor differences.

For 2007+ bikes. Yes this job is easy. The torque settings are CVT gear drain plug is 12nm, CVT level/fill plug is 16nm. Can't remember the size of the sockets required. They are not big. Engine oil drain plug is 23nm. Oil filter cover/housing bolts are 10nm each. Again can't remember the sizes of the sockets required. You'll soon find out. Good luck with that and let us all know how you get on.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Sorry, just noticed we are in the Newbie section. Can't edit my first post now so make sure you come back with the year/model of your bike for a definitive answer.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
If it's a 2007 model year many of the maintenance guides in the knowledgbase at the top of the site has the torque values and sizes for the various tools needed for a particular job. See -> http://burgmanusa.com/bkb/400+b+Maintenance

1 - 4 of 4 Posts