Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 2013 Burgman 650 here in Arlington MA, and now have a week to do some serious farkling. My main concern is luggage, namely a top case, side cases and a tunnel bag. After many hours of research (even here on burgmanusa) I’m still confused. First I’ll focus on a topcase.

My current first choice is a Givi 55 liter Maxia III E55N. (Second choice is a HepcoBecker Junior 50, which I have on my two Bonnie T100s.) But the Givi mounting hardware options are far from clear. (E529 vs SR3104 vs ?) Any recent experience out there?

PS: All our two wheel travel is two-up (100k across the USA and Europe since retirement). My wife likes a hard top case for storage and back support. Gotta keep her happy and traveling with me.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have a E55N and like it. The only thing that brothers me about it is the hinges that hold up the lid, but that is a matter personal preference. I have been told that you can get it with the older style straps instead of the hinges now.

I maybe selling my GIVI E529 mount and Suzuki 2013 matching white top center cover. The E529 mounts also fit the 13-14s, but you have to add a washer on the mount bolts which are just a little long.

Cherie, have you seen the kit? It looks like it replaces the need for the Suzuki top center cover. My guess it is black, since no color options were mentioned?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Cherie, have you seen the kit? It looks like it replaces the need for the Suzuki top center cover. My guess it is black, since no color options were mentioned?
No unfortunately, no dealer in my area have any stock, special order only.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
SR 3104, plate $130.00
SR3104KIT sold separately $50.00
Maxia 55 or other GIVI case.

Rack for hard side case each side not on market yet but you can use something like Oxford Siverstone soft saddlebag or GIVI 40 litre each side soft saddlebag.

http://www.giviusa.com/givi-products/soft-luggage/silver-range/sv200-silver-large-saddlebags-detail

New info., PL3104 side case rack now available, but can only be use with
Givi Monokey E22 or E21 side case which small for 2 person travel. SR3104 top case mount also require with these.

http://burgmanusa.com/forums/15-burgman-650/78873-givi-pl3104-side-case-hardware-now-available.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts