Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the top case mount P/N: 990D0-05H00-060. Got one for a good price? ;-)

I called Suzuki - they said they didn't make a mount for the 2007 AN400K7. (But their Product Information brochure from October, 2008 has it listed.) Everyone else says the part referenced above is what I need. I would really like to know.

When I get it, how do I install it?

I do not want to drill holes through the pillion. Can I remove the pillion and screw it right into the holes that are underneath? One authorized Suzuki repair shop said he didn't know why not. I would really like something a bit more definitive...

Appreciate any and all input. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The repair shop may not have known why not but, I can tell you...ugly.
The holes are easy to do and, if you ever insist on taking the rack off, put in rubber plugs...they will look fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Tx. Is the Suzuki mount the one I need?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was looking for a backrest for my wife when she rides in back. I was thinking of getting a top box as well and figured that I could get a GIVI box with the backrest on it.

Then, I discovered this:

http://www.compacc.com/p/givi-top-case-adapter-mounting-plates-suzuki

Which is a Givi Monokey mounting plate. It does require drilling the holes in the tupperware, but I think that there isn't anyway around that. I also ordered this:

http://www.compacc.com/p/givi-scooter-passenger-backrests

This is a backrest that attaches to the mounting plate, which means it's there even if the top box is not on the bike. I should be getting these in a couple of days, so we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree w/ BRC. Just go with GIVI instead of the Suzuki top plate. YOu have alot more options with the capacities and shapes of Givi products. You can also go with Bestemusa.com. THey sell mounting plates that specifically fit the burgmans, and they also sell top cases at very cheap prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts