Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Alburg, is there plenty of room in the E450 and can you fill it up with "stuff" without feeling it throw off the feel of your bike? It looks a little more like the size I'm after than the E52, which just seems a little too overpowering looking - almost like a Volkswagon along for a ride on the back.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Al,

Your avatar picture shows that you have your back rest on, plus the top box. I thought you were suppose to take the back rest off so the wife could lean agains the top box. Or is it just a matter of personal preference? 8)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Even with the E52, it doesn't throw the ride or handling off. The thing is to use common sense. When you pack the scooter, put heavier items in the underseat trunk to preserve the low center of gravity and forward weight bias. Lighter stuff goes in the top box. 90% of the time, I don't carry much up top, but I use that space to stow my riding gear when I stop. When I tour, I pack as stated above, with the heavier stuff down low.

The only drawback to the trunk is loss of about 7 mph top speed due to wind drag. When I was doing testing last Spring to determine the effect of various accessories, I topped out at 115 mph without the top box, and 108 mph with it (stock windscreen). Also, remember, the Givi mounting system is slick. A twist of a key and a push on one button is all it takes to remove the trunk. About 3 seconds to remove or reinstall it. So if for some reason you don't want to carry it on a particular ride, it is no big deal to remove it. The mounting rack is actually quite small and streamlined - the scoot doesn't look at all bad with the trunk removed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Reg, when I ordered the Givi I was told that I would have to remove the OME backrest and install the Givi backrest so that is what I ordered. When I received my package it included 2 mounting packages? I chose to keep the OME backrest, as it is superior to the Givi one that you mount on the back of the top-case, it also looks a lot nicer. The Givi top-case mounting bracket for the 400 attaches to the OME backrest. My wife has lots of room to sit on the back seat. I installed my BackOff light http://www.signaldynamics.com/ to the Givi top-case as well.

I also purchased a travel bag made by TRAVEL-BAGS (no web site). The bag is a cube style that sits on the back seat. The bag straps under the seat and holds firmly to the seat, the straps don’t hinder closing the seat. The bag is waterproof with a seal over the zipper. I use the bag for solo trips, it adds a lot of storage for my shopping trips.

Cheers Al

·
Registered
224 Posts
Reg,
I have the V46, and got the panel for the top lid that matches the silver color of the bike. I did order the brake light option too. It shows up very nicely after dark, and in the shadows, but isn't worth much of anything in daylight. The brake light is also pretty fiddly to install. Lots of things to take off or punch holes in. Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the case, and like the shape and looks of it.
Bruce

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have one

I wrote a review of the V46 in the "official reviews" section of the forum and have picures in my photo album.

I hooked up the brake light to flash but it really isn't that visible in daylight.

Regards,

Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts