Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a simple quality way to install the GIVI top box for the 400?
My understanding to date is that it cannot be done in the same easy fashion as for example the 650. Has anyone here modded up the 400 to accept the GIVI top box and if so how did you accomplish this :?:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey Guy,

Call Modern motorcycling here in the Vancouver area...They tried to sell me a rear top box and I think it was a Givi. Apparently its a simple install. You have to purchase a rack (Suzuki item) as far as I know and then drill the rear panel for the install. I have seen, from a distance, a Givi installed. Not a problem. Timothy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Currently installin Givi topcase for AN400

I just purchased the E52 topcase, brake light kit and SR115 bracket/mounting plate to fit the Burgman 400. I should be finished the install tonight. In contrast of the Givi rack for the 650 (where the mount bolts through the fender), the 400 Givi rack mounts to the frame section that supports the stock Suzuki passenger backrest. It involves removing some plastic and the backrest, drilling and cutting, etc in order to install the bolts and spacers used for the Givi mount.

Both the Givi mount and the brake light kit for the topcase are a bit of work and requires cutting and fitting to some degree. However, the Givi products appear to be top notch.

If any up front tips or how to instructions are needed, let me know and I should be able to help.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Andrew,

Some pictures of the case on your Burgman 400 would be very much appriecated. I looked around once and never found any pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do not have pictures right now but I will try to take some and make them available to show the mounting of brackets and plate to scooter and how the overall look is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts