Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
AN400 K8
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my bike several years ago, it came with a nice top box. It has been chucked under the workbench most of the time, but I will find it useful when a friend and myself ride down to the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum in Dorset (Southern UK). Helmets and riding gear for both of us can be left in the Burgman, he will be riding his old 600 twin AJS, that has zero storage. When the box got a wash and I looked inside, there is a flap in the lid which won't open. I would rather not force it open, so hopefully somebody will be able to tell me how to open it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Light

·
Premium Member
15,252 Posts
@Limey Mart:

Short answer: force it open.

Long answer: that lid -- in a few variants, I believe -- is what Givi includes in many (all?) of its topcases (to store documents, such as license, registration, insurance, etc., is my guess). In any case, you can see that your particular variant appears to be hinged (on the bottom of the pic) and held closed by that nubbin, gizmo, etc., at the top. You might have to squeeze that plastic gizmo to make it easier to open, but open it does.

BTW, in my Givi topcases (55 liter, as I recall) I completely removed that lid -- it's held in place underneath the lid by some very tiny screws, in all probability -- because with the lid in place it JUST prevented storing my full-face helmet.

Reactions: DarisPakar

·
Registered
AN400 K8
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to undo the screws at the bottom to get it off, and they came out loaded with plastic. The catch at the top is too tight for my arthritic fingers, so the thing is being ditched, the tiny bit of extra volume might come in useful one day.
ps, there was no hidden cach of money hidden in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts