Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We all know we should perform a pre-ride check, but let’s be honest, we tend to skip them from time to time (or more frequently), don’t we? We’re only human, and that silly little check before we hit the road isn’t that important, is it? It’s not like we’re flying an airliner thousands of feet above the ground with hundreds of people on board. While we may think that only our lives are at stake when we ride, what happens to us can affect others both directly and indirectly.

The reality is that your pre-ride check, when done regularly, only takes a few seconds to perform. You can even start it as you walk across the parking lot towards your bike. How’s that for multi-tasking? So, read on to see what we, here at the hallowed halls of MO, think you should do before every ride. If you’ve got your own additions to the list, add ’em via the comments.
Read more about the Top 10 Things To Check Before You Ride at Motorcycle.com.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
50 years of riding ...not done one of those on anything like a regular basis....maybe once a season :D
except oil level on the KLR and now on the Vstrom.
I defy anyone to guess tire pressure without a gauge one reason I have a TPMS

Burgman has it's own oil level check and no chain, .....guess they had some space to use up.

Chin strap yeah but if you ride armor then making sure your jacket is done up makes the armor work properly.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I do the regular maintenance, but I don't bother with most of this except at the start of the season or before an epic trek of thousands of miles. I do check the tire pressure, just because.

Regards
Scott Fraser
Calgary

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I check my fuel level and helmet strap every time I ride. All the others I check from time to time{except the chain which my Burg doesn't have}. Of coarse I ride almost every day and often multiple times a day so all those checks are not going to happen every time.

·
Registered
352 Posts
+1
Just done so that they get money for loading lots of ads
Funny thing about websites that do that, when I'm clicking on the pages, I completely ignore all the ads. Especially on my tablet, where I have it zoomed-in to see the picture/article in the middle.

I know... it's subliminal advertising, right? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Funny thing about websites that do that, when I'm clicking on the pages, I completely ignore all the ads. Especially on my tablet, where I have it zoomed-in to see the picture/article in the middle.

I know... it's subliminal advertising, right? :rolleyes:
Doesn't matter. The still can put up more ads this way, whether you look at them or not.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
So you earn them money just by opening the page
If somebody needs paying for things I do - its me
I don't mind them earning money at all - ****, I want EVERYONE to earn a lot of money.

But I'm not clicking 11 times to see a "top ten" list.

The more reasonable thing to do:

1). Put the top 10 list on a single page. Put the bullet items there. For example, in this case, it might be:

a). Make sure you have gas.
b). Make sure your tires are not flat.
c). Make sure you locked your top box.
d). Make sure **** isn't hanging off the side of your bike and dragging on the ground.
e). whatever.

2). Make those items hyperlinked to a page with full information.

3). Put your ads on the hyperlinked pages, and one on this "main page."

Then you present enough content to keep the viewer interested, and maybe they will click on some things and see your ads, instead of seeing, "oh, slide show. **** that. Close window."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts