Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,044 Posts
Assorted zip ties? A million uses and take up little room.

I carry a good quality multi tool rather than long nosed pliers
(Leatherman wave with 1 leaf of accessories and LED lens or P3 torch in belt case)

That gives me selected Torx, Allen hex, flat and cross screw bits, file, saw, scissors, wire cutters and knife.
The driver bits go down to 1.5 mm so can be useful on glasses, electrical gadgets etc.
However the nose is not as long.

edit: I store/carry this separately to proper screwdriver etc as backup in case my tools disappear and to fill in for unexpected sizes. It only replaces the pliers.

·
Super Moderator
6,044 Posts
That flat sheet of plastic is a good tip.
I found the soft document binders/folder were flexible enough to be useful and rigid enough not to collapse. Test t with fuel if you aren’t sure wwhat it’s made of.
Also handy for water, blowing stuff out of hard to reach places and as a light blocking tube/screen so you can see into awkward places in bright sunshine

edit: oh, and draining oil/coolant into beer bottles and bean tins, stopping the filling with rain and putting it back in again (not a fun day)

·
Super Moderator
6,044 Posts
You probabl already noticed but:
There are 2 “secret” compartments in the under seat bucket, one either side. Only big enough to carry small tool roll or puncture repair and CO2 inflators - but when every bit of space counts :)
Also gets overlooked if anybody rifles through your stuff

·
Super Moderator
6,044 Posts
Remember though, customs border guards have sniffer dogs these days and nothing seals well enough to fool Fido ( including your, err...person)

:)
(I worked with customs intel for a while consulting on vehicle aspects, boy did they teach some stuff)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts