Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,084 Posts
put the duct tape in a plastic bag, you can use the bag later if necessary, and when that tape gets hot , it leaks adhesive out the sides like dynamite sweats nitroglycerine, messy and can cause explosive badwords

·
Premium Member
19,084 Posts
Yes, there's a lot to be said in favor of innertubes.

The portable compressors we carry in UAE (and hence what I already have to take with me on the Burgman) are twin-cylinder jobbies that do sit beads. Even of large 4x4 tyres. Pretty impressive piece of kit, actually. I was worrying too big for the bike, but the Burgman just laughed and swallowed it up into its belly! Not really mini, but portable. A lot of 4x4s mount it in the boot and then run a long curly hose out from there.

Then I have the sticky strips to plug punctures.

But for a long trip, without carrying a spare tyre, should I carry tyre irons? I've always taken them so I didn't even consider leaving them out, but @Cosmic Jumper makes a good point - so, innertubes, which I could insert to keep going... Sounds good 😎

I guess I'd have to worry about the front more, given the darkside potential of the rear...
keep in mind inner tubes inside a tubeless tire are not recommended as a "permanent fix" but a good temporary one if no valve stem problems

·
Premium Member
19,084 Posts
Remember though, customs border guards have sniffer dogs these days and nothing seals well enough to fool Fido ( including your, err...person)

:)
(I worked with customs intel for a while consulting on vehicle aspects, boy did they teach some stuff)
oh, 😯 eeewww poor doggie!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts