Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,251 Posts
Well, the responses above include many of the items in my tool bag that I've moved from bike to bike over the years. Here are my additions to your list, @prossett :
I think we're starting to see a pattern here, huh, folks?

·
Premium Member
15,251 Posts
The post (#17) by @DarisPakar reminded me of a couple of things:

1) Along with @Bluestrom13 (post #2), I (post #5) had mentioned duct tape. As DP mentioned, I carry my duct tape in a flat roll. I forget where I got this, years ago, but it's wrapped around some cardboard (I'm pretty sure I didn't do this myself):
Tire Wheel Sleeve Automotive tire Finger

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Finger

2) Since 2014 (I just checked my email, for the order) I've been wearing a Road ID bracelet every time I ride. I keep this in my top case, along with my custom ear plugs, a case for my hearing aids, a stretchy scarf thing, a bottle of Gatorade, etc. etc. I mean, I'm surprised that I didn't mention this before, since, as I say, I put this on for every ride (which, more often than not these days, I'm by myself):
Electric blue Human leg Wrist Waist Fashion accessory

I had been using some other systems -- paper inside a vinyl envelope stuck on my helmet, for example, phone ICE contact list, etc. -- prior to that. But in a thread about this sort of thing on a Victory forum (in, duh, 2014), an actual EMT posted about his experiences at accident scenes, and that convinced me to go the wrist strap route. If you're interested, here's that thread:

There are, naturally enough, several outfits that make these, but I settled on Road ID:

When I placed my initial order, I ordered two straps: an adjustable fabric with velcro one, and a stretchy silicone one. I wound up vastly preferring the silicone one; I often forget that I'm still wearing it, when I get home after a ride (and then take it off and put it in the topcase when I do notice it). I ordered just the silicone one four years later, when I discovered that I had to an add an allergy notation.

Here are some of the detail pages there: www.roadid.com/pages/choose-your-wrist-style and www.roadid.com/products/stretch-rugged-silicone-id-bracelet?variant=47577973130 . They (and other vendors) also make dogtag-style IDs for the same use; with the various clothing layers I add or subtract, I decided the wrist device is much less hassle.

·
Premium Member
15,251 Posts
Excellent, and I've been thinking of this for a while, even just for my regular rides - thanks.

Placing my order.

And, this is what shoppers outside USA like to see!!! Business owners with worldwide reach take note...

View attachment 101269
Are you going with Road ID? I didn't see that free shipping on their site -- just curious.

Just a note, if you've read that Victory thread. The guy that convinced me, Tony Giotta, the EMT, is a stand-up, no lying, no BS, no exaggeration type of guy. I was on that forum for the five years I owned a Vic (well, I'm still technically a member), and got to know him from many posts there, did some off-forum emails with him (like me, he did some major farkling, too), etc. So I take his accident-scene procedural knowledge at face value.

·
Premium Member
15,251 Posts
Yes, popped up on their site.

USD 24.99, it's a deal for the peace of mind it gives!

You know, they prolly see overseas origin from my IP, and therefore display the free shipping offer - clever.

Actually, shipping, or let's say "doesn't ship outside US" is one of the bummers of the web. Interestingly, China ships everywhere, no issues, and also usually has the cost embedded in their prices.
Ah, makes sense, re the IP.

Yeah, I know what you mean about "outside the US." I have a good friend who lives in Montreal -- about four hours north of me -- who's had some stuff shipped to my house over the years, because of such restrictions. Then, he'd come visit at some point, and take the stuff back with him (because, as I recall, he's allowed $300 or $400 worth of goods duty-free, and double that if his wife comes along).

·
Premium Member
15,251 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts