Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked-up a new 2013 Burgman 650 just before Christmas (when the ice on the roads got down to an 'avoidable' amount!). Wow - nice scooter! A few initial impressions, compared to my 400 K7.

1. Fast! This thing really goes.

2. Handling is surprisingly nimble for such a heavy bike.

3. Not quite as much storage space as the 400 (Givi V47 on its way).

4. Even with the improvements in the transmission that make it easier to push around, it's still a chore to move the bike in the garage or wherever. Those folks who have pre-2013 models must get pretty strong!

5. In spite of 1" larger wheels, when you combine with the lower-profile tires the overall size of the wheel/tire combo is the same as the 400.

6. Yep. Still has that annoying 10% speedo error :mad:

7. Quiet! If my front lights start to buzz, it will be easy to spot.

8. Button overload! Suzuki seems to have run out of room for more buttons on the handlebars. Really hard to pick the right one when wearing warm gloves. Let's see does "Up/Down" do the manual shifting or the windscreen? Where's the horn???

Can't wait until the spring and get the thing out on some longer trips. Still pretty cold around these parts for longer rides, but nice enough to get it broken-in.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts

TwoWheels2005:

Glad to hear the positives on the 2013 650EX.... I'm sure you will enjoy many rides when the weather warms.

:)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
A new 650 and the Sierra Nevada at your feet. Lucky guy!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
congrats - yep you will find the buttons work themselves out. Have fun

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
More you get to ride the more you'll figure out the buttons. Most us pre 13 650 riders that aren't that strong know to put it in manual mode to push it around. ;)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Congratulation! You're gonna love it!

I've have my 400 K7 since new and love it still. But the 650 has a special place in my heart. You just can't beat the power and tranny of the big Burg. Just wait until you're high up in the Sierras on a nice twisty road, hit the Power button and you'll see what I mean. It's a fabulous bike.

Post pictures when you can. Enjoy and keep the shiny side up.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Enjoy - YOU WILL I might add - consider Darkside (works good and tire lasts 20 to 25K vs 7K fro OEM). I did for my last 30K miles.

I got 73400 out of mine with only two major problems. As of now it sits in the garage while I try to figure it out loss of pwer to the rear wheels (I thought CVT originally, but now think clutch).

Anyway, I got my monies worth out of that one (bought used with 1700 miels in 2009 for $4500).

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, enjoy.

I was at Van Nuts Suzuki today and they had two white 2013 650s on
the showroom floor.

:wav:
LeDude, you're Los Angeles local? I work real close to Van Nuys Suzuki. Got my 400 new there. Been dealing with Nawaz for years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a new An650 2013 for Christmas too. I had 29K on my AN400 07 and was hit head on at the beginning of the month, fortunately I was wearing all the gear and I was able to swerve and hit the driver side front bumper. The lady didnt even know she had hit someone, an only came to a stop because she had a flat tire. I was lucky remember they don't see us out there. I loved that bike, but they total them out fast I got $3.6K from insurance and so it was an expensive experience.

Anyhoo I am an avid Burgman fan and after reading about the 2013 I was ready to step up and move up to the AN650. What a difference! This bikes got power and the transmission is so smooth, I Love it! The wife likes the back rest too. Not cheap at $10800 here in California, but I like the pearl white folks, think I'm the police coming up behind them. We can split lanes here and the side mirrors fold back for a slimmer profile, very nice. If your thinking an about an upgrade I can't recommend it more.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Hey congratulations are in order again. And again another previous 400 K7 owner to boot.

Big differences between the two. I like both for different reasons, but you'll be more than ecstatic with the 650, especially with the new clutch.

Enjoy the new bike!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A new 650 and the Sierra Nevada at your feet. Lucky guy!
Yes, have put a lot of miles on the AN400-K7 in those Sierras. Fortunately for scootering (unfortunate for skiing!) we've been having a dismally dry winter and riding up there has been possible. Should be time for the 600-mile service pretty soon!

Givi box is installed, heated handgrips are next (for those cold mornings), then I'll be pretty much done with mods for now. Been learning a lot on how to remove all that plastic.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Nice to have a couple more riders with the new 650's. Give all us old style 650 folks feedback. You never know when we might want to move up to a 2013.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts