Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new desktop PC. A Dell 8400/640 3.2Ghz, 1GB ram, 256MB video card, digital flat panel, etc. etc.

Man - it's a HOSS!

Got tired of that glitchy, freaky old P3 850. Now I've got to teach myself about this one.

Yeah - it's boastfull, but I just thought I'd bore ya with a "brag-share."

Happy Trails!
peet

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Go ahead, Boast. Just know that you'll never enjoy sitting down at a slower computer, so don't try. I've got a 3g desktop, but my elderly dad has a 1g machine for email and internet and solitaire. It still runs fine, but I have to help him with it occasionally. OMG it's SSSLOOOOOWWAH!

Dave B. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Way to go Pete - sometimes you just have to move on!

The neat thing is you probably paid less in $$ terms (never mind real terms) for the replacement than you did your old and trusty (if tired) P3.

Don't throw the old P3 away tho'- once you have transfreed the data you need for your old machine - either format it and just load the OS and use it as network storage device once encumbered of the dross that a machine builds up over time - it will fly along.
Or for a few dollars more bang in a new (bigger) hard drive for some really useful storage (Good for digital backups etc!).

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With my old "ride," it would justabout come to a standstill when I'd open up several heavy-duty programs simultaneously. If I had a couple of Macromedia apps open, like dreamweaver and flash, and then tried to open photoshop (along with IE while surfing) the thing would become unstable...and, many times, just die. Not to mention the fact that I already had to rescussitate it 5 times before. Hey what the hey - it was goin on five years old.

Yup Norm - that's what I'm planning on doing - my 19yo son needs his own computer in his room, so - thats where its headed. now i hafta get it wired into the cable modem service.

sigh, one thing atta time, one thing atta time....

uh cheese - i guess i could be doing that now huh?

well - no - ill let him do it cause i don't feel like doin nuthin much!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride, Pete! :computer:

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
One other suggestion for older PCs is to wipe them and donate them to your local school. If they are anything like the schools here, they need all the computer hardware they can get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts