Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened my good friend (Spiff's Widow) Maria could no longer afford her Majesty so I paid it off and am now the proud owner of 2 scooters......a Harley soft-tail, 5hp chopper mini bike, a 49cc MX mini bike, and a 1/2 built custom chopper. Whew!
The first ride impressions of the Majesty are: The seat sits much higher and is wider making me tip toe at stops(I'll have to shave it down), The engine is smooooth and quieter on acceleration, and the mirrors absolutely suck! (I will replace them)
But for $2500 pay-off it was a steal and I think it is a well built scooter. Maria can and will be able to use/borrow it any time but her new traveling schedule leaves her little time for riding. :(
Hope to get the wife motivated and out riding again. This just might help! :cool:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Is it a True 400CC or a 398cc Glad you have a good ride!!! now taking care of two means big $$$

When you get a chance post a picture would love to see it.

Elliott,

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a picture of my white Majesty from 2 years ago and one last year from our previous rides together:

It has been featured in many of my videos already so it is kinda fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thats a great price for a 2011. I have a 2007 for sale locally. I'm asking the same price - $2500. Any less and I'll let my younger brother have it! I may anyway - I let him borrow it to go riding on occasion. While the Majesty is a nice scooter the difference between it and the 650 is a wide gulf. Less power - less foot room - lousy stock windscreen - and the foot boards aren't adequate for my 11 1/2 eee feet. And the stock mirrors suck so badly that I bought new ones with 1" extenders on them so I could see anything past my shoulders. There is some vibration on takeoff that smooths out once the speed is leveled out. Any hard acceleration causes vibration but it isn't harsh. The motor just lets you know its working. Nice ride for around town and two lane back roads. For freeway travel it sucks. I suppose a larger windscreen would help the buffeting but I'm not putting any money into this machine.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Congratulations Steve.

I hope you can get your wife riding, I know I really enjoy my rides more when the wife is with me.

Many happy miles with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts