Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen it yet, but he says it is in great shape.

2007 Burg 400 , 11000 miles ,two helmets (used), that's all I know.
$4000.00!!!!!

Any info ????? THANKS

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Wow ! That to much money even with 11,000 mile.

If you purchase at $4,000.00 and not like it you will never be able to sell much more than $3,000.00

2 use helmet worthless, both may be to small to large or even if fit not appropriate and confortable for your head, helmet is very personal thing and most important piece of safety equipment you own and must fit perfectly to do it job.

Check classified section here on BUSA to compare 20087 400 value.

Tires may be dry out, crack and need to be change even if low mile. Even with low mile it be better that you have dealer inspect bike and that cost perhaps $200.00.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Way too much money and I have an 07.

First off, I wouldn't buy an 07 unless it had the clutch replaced with an 08 or later model. They redesigned it in 08 from a three shoe to a five shoe and they last much longer.

With 11k miles you're looking at a belt & rollers replacement in another 7k maybe. And being seven years old it would be due for coolant and brake lines change, and probably a few other things I'm forgetting.

IF it had all those things AND was very clean I'm thinking its worth 3k max. Start deducting for anything I mentioned that it doesn't have.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Just so you know insp03, there was a huge redesign of the 400 in '07, including a slightly bigger engine and the addition of EFI. Personally I'd stick to 08 or newer because of the clutch issue.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the 06 and earlier, they're fine bikes. But even 07s are getting long in the tooth now a days. Sadly, although I love my 07 and would never sell it, I wouldn't buy it either (too old and too many hard ridden miles).

·
Registered
110 Posts
starting with 07 they went to dual disc brakes on the front. There is a 06 sport model with 11,000 miles garage kept a helmet and riding jacket here in Indiana for $2,400. If you want newer there is an 09 with 5,500 miles Give windshield, big Suzuki top box and cover for $4,100 in Bardstown Ky. Happy hunting Jay

·
Registered
753 Posts
That sounds high to me. I paid $4000 for my 07' 650 Burg Executive that only had 3500 miles on it. You look around, especially this time of year (or better yet a few weeks before Christmas) you will find them.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I paid $3,200 for a 08 400 with a GIVI windshield with 9,000 miles on it a year and a half ago. I think the price is close to the value of a 09.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Dealer by me has a brand new left over 2011 650 EXC for $5,499. $4,000 is too high for a 07 400. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the info. I spoke with the seller and other than a bigger windshield and a box on the back, all he did was ride it. He was not too willing to drop the price at all. I will still looking!!!
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thanks everyone for the info. I spoke with the seller and other than a bigger windshield and a box on the back, all he did was ride it. He was not too willing to drop the price at all. I will still looking!!!
Thanks again.
You have to be a little patient to find the right bike.

I looked at a 400 back in August. An 08 with 18k miles and the seller wanted nearly $4k for it. We was throwing in a bunch of stuff I didn't want. He passed when I offered him half his asking price. I don't know how much he got or if it even sold, but the price came down every month for over SIX months it was listed. I suspect your seller will experience the same.

And you have to remember, back in 08 he probably paid $6,500 for it OTD, not the 8k they're going for now.

Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agree too high. I bought my 2006 Burg 650 with that many miles for $3200, which I thought was a good deal. Just bought a 2009 Yamaha tmax 500 for $3800 with 1,500 miles.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the price down to 3000, looks good, has a give windshield and a box on the back. What do you think???

·
Registered
709 Posts
I got mine with 5000 miles on it, from a dealership for $3200 out the door. $4000 is way too high!!!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Got the price down to 3000, looks good, has a give windshield and a box on the back. What do you think???
If you refer to '' 2007 Burg 400 , 11000 miles ,two helmets (used), that's all I know.
$4000.00!!!!! ''

At $3000.00 it now have decent price if fuel inject model with 400 cc engine, keep in mind 400 must be pristeen.

Be careful it not left over 2006 purchase new in 2007, if that be case it be no deal for me, obtain serial number from him before and have dealer run VIN.

You now need new tire front & rear as tire probably dry out, have crack and dangerous (not to neglect this), have coolant system flush, clean and new refill, same with all brake system flush, clean refill, new plug, etc., most this you do self and not expensive. Lots info here on 400 to guide you.

Not sure when this engine valve adjustment done already, verify this also, it important.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That was one heck of a good post, Chérie!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, keep looking. I don't know where Brownsville is but I live just across the TX border in Louisiana. I just checked Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth Craigslists and there are some deals out there.
Take your time, the deal will come.
My deal was a 2008 400 for $2K. Had 9,400 smiles on it. It was dropped once and has some scuffs on it -but I'm going to paint it anyway, so that didn't bother me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts