Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is most likely a scam, but there's a guy on eBay selling a 2003 Burgman 650 with "buy it now" for $1,400. And its only a one-day auction. Item# 2489813381

My experience is, if its too good to be true, then it probably is!
Anyone can rack up 26 positive feedback points and then screw a whole bunch of people at once. It smells like fraud to me!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that confirms it then... its definitely fraud!! Its so amazing that someone actually recognized the pictures from another website!!

I have reported this to eBay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
chuck807 said:
Well that confirms it then... its definitely fraud!! Its so amazing that someone actually recognized the pictures from another website!!
I didn't recognize it... Just went to ebay and noticed the pictures were being used from another website... then went to that website and hunted the pictures down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kias said:
Bidding is over...

Reds_music bought it. ...or so it says. :)
Hmm... reds_music is either going to not follow through with payment (feedback rating: 0), or is about to get ripped off due to inexperience with eBay!

For everyone else on the forums, there were some dead giveaways that this auction was fraud:

- Seller said he can't read any email sent through normal eBay channels
- Seller says he'll only take western union payment
- western union warns not to buy from anyone accepting this as
the only form of payment unless its a family member
- Price so low that you know its a scam (at least I'd hope you do)
- 1-day auction only (not enough time for eBay to intervene)
- feedback responses were from sellers only, he never sold anything
until now.
- all pictures stolen from that website Kias pointed out

I reported it to eBay, hopefully they can contact the buyer before he sends payment, and inform the fbi about the seller.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kias said:
chuck807 said:
Well that confirms it then... its definitely fraud!! Its so amazing that someone actually recognized the pictures from another website!!
I didn't recognize it... Just went to ebay and noticed the pictures were being used from another website... then went to that website and hunted the pictures down.
Very astute!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
209 Posts
I got a reply from Jeff.

Kind of funny. Guess the buyer better beware.
I like my burgman a lot, I wouldn't sell it on e-bay.
I noticed the guy was actually linking to the pics right off my web site. Too bad it sold, I could have had fun changing the pictures. Thanks, Jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,296 Posts
It seems that Burgmans are a common scam items on ebay lately.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mactd83 said:
i did the right thing and took the liberty to inform the winning bidder that it was a scam
And I informed eBay yesterday! Today they replied that they're investigating it but due to privacy issues they can't tell me what they're doing.

Nice of you to inform the winning bidder!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Jeff said:
I noticed the guy was actually linking to the pics right off my web site. Too bad it sold, I could have had fun changing the pictures.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that could have been funny!
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top