Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I invited David Willet to join me and some friends on a ride today.

For those of you who are not familiar with David, he is an institution around here for his long distance riding adventures. He is also noted as the guy who rode a 650 Burgman 1000,000 miles with only standard maintenance.
He told me today that the 100,000 mile Burgman is still in service and currently has 191,000 miles with no problems.

His 2012, 650 is currently at 55,000 miles and has had not a hint of a problem , he does his own maintenance and rides comfortable 200/300 miles almost every day. He jokes that he uses his Burgman to go fetch parts for his Harley Davidson.;)

Just wanted to share this with those who live in fear of the CVT and other Burgman supposed gremlins :study:

·
Registered
50 Posts
glad to hear that! just how old is david? if i may so bold as to ask, i am 78 and love riding and here in fl the weather is almost perfect all year for riding, i have 12.000 on my 2012, and going strong
erv

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
It always the same very negative people who spread here and other forum that the end of world coming on Burgie 650, this not help anyone and spread only negative comment and not needed fear. Probably less than 1% have had such problem, but only Suzuki Japan have real % of CVT problem. I have now own 2 very trouble free Burgie 650 in 9 year and both great bike and will trade again for new white EVO 650 when white color become avaialable here (presently white not available here only gray or black). Burgie 650 as good as Kawie Concours and Honda CB, less power yes but much more confortable, 650 power sufficient for long confortable touring and for get in and out of trouble.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
When I stopped in Winston-Salem a few months ago, I had the pleasure of meeting Doug and David. During our conversation David said he had traded in his other Burgman... A bit modest about the miles that he rides.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad to hear that! just how old is david? if i may so bold as to ask, i am 78 and love riding and here in fl the weather is almost perfect all year for riding, i have 12.000 on my 2012, and going strong
erv
If memory serves me correctly, I believe David is older than you by a bit :D
He can tell stories about the discovery of fire in his neighborhood as a youth :p

·
Registered
806 Posts
I invited David Willet to join me and some friends on a ride today.

For those of you who are not familiar with David, he is an institution around here for his long distance riding adventures. He is also noted as the guy who rode a 650 Burgman 1000,000 miles with only standard maintenance.
He told me today that the 100,000 mile Burgman is still in service and currently has 191,000 miles with no problems.

His 2012, 650 is currently at 55,000 miles and has had not a hint of a problem , he does his own maintenance and rides comfortable 200/300 miles almost every day. He jokes that he uses his Burgman to go fetch parts for his Harley Davidson.;)

Just wanted to share this with those who live in fear of the CVT and other Burgman supposed gremlins :study:
It looks like you have one too many "0" in your post!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I bought a 4200 mile rolling chassis for it's parts a couple of months ago , the price was so ridiculously cheap I had to buy it . A guy called me and wanted to buy the CVT for his 2006 , I gave him a price then he asked me how much I would charge to install it . He said he had all the plastics off like his riding buddy who had bought a complete CVT to do his a few months ago . I didn't think to ask how many miles were on either , but here is the point , there are another two guys with blown CVT's . Any way I told him I don't do mechanical work for other people , but I would be glad to supply him with a nice CVT .

TheReaper!

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I bought a 4200 mile rolling chassis for it's parts a couple of months ago , the price was so ridiculously cheap I had to buy it . A guy called me and wanted to buy the CVT for his 2006 , I gave him a price then he asked me how much I would charge to install it . He said he had all the plastics off like his riding buddy who had bought a complete CVT to do his a few months ago . I didn't think to ask how many miles were on either , but here is the point , there are another two guys with blown CVT's . Any way I told him I don't do mechanical work for other people , but I would be glad to supply him with a nice CVT .

TheReaper!
Me bet two you refer to below 2007 - 2008

1 - 10 of 10 Posts