1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
We've made our contribution to the groundswell! 2 new 650s in 2 weeks. BTW, I got 60 mpg on the last fillup, 3.12 gallons for 187 miles. :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
I can't get better than 45mpg no matter how I try. I'm 6'3" 230lbs, and I have a Givi screen. Do you only get that good on the open highway without ever touching your brakes - or is that in and around town?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
That is a combination of highway and around town. I filled up this morning after 162 miles. It took 2.7 gallons and was a skosh over-filled. By my calc, that's exactly 60 mpg.

About 100 miles were highway travel between Winslow and Flagstaff. The balance were ridden around Flag and Winslow.

I've had the Burgie for 2 1/2 weeks and have about 1,200 miles on the scoot and it still has the stock windscreen.

I'm a VERY long-waisted 5'10" (30" inseam) and I weigh 220#, so we probably present a similar load.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I filled up this morning, as well.

2.06 gallons w/158 miles...77 miles to the gallon...

I LOVE THIS, BURG :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Okay - it doesn't count when you trailer the bike to the top of Pike's Peak and coast back down! :)

77 - goodnes, 60 is our norm on the 400, with about 62 as the best...

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went 176.1 miles today on my tank and recieved 47.7 mpg :( . I was a bit dissapointed. By the way, at 176.1 miles my last gas gauge bar and the "fuel bowser/pump" were flashing. Maybe I had another half gallon? Face shield and gloves got wet - rode in the light rain - even more stressfull when the gas gauge is screaming at you. Hey 48mpg is way better than my car.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Pete,

Based on my experience. When the last bar and the fuel gauge start flashing, you have 1 gallon left. At the point where the last bar goes away, and you just have the fuel pump flashing, you have a half gallon left. I assume that when the flashing gas pump goes away, you are walking - but fortunately that doesn't fall into the scope of my experience. :wink:

·
Premium Member
11,296 Posts
Be kinda nice if it changed from flashing pump to flashing pumps! :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Robert, McQ is operating at 5000-7000 feet elevation. This improves the mileage. I get about 10% better at these altitudes on my B400 and BMW.

You need to move up here with us. We also age slower, according to Stephen Hawkins.

Rick

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Tandem Cyclist said:
Robert, McQ is operating at 5000-7000 feet elevation. This improves the mileage. I get about 10% better at these altitudes on my B400 and BMW.

You need to move up here with us. We also age slower, according to Stephen Hawkins.

Rick
Yeah, but in the low atmospheric pressure you also talk in thin, reedy voices.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts