Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I drive over to Dallas to pick up my new scooter, a 2007 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive from Robin, our lovely member and a riding buddy. Having sold my GW last September, I missed the Fall and Winter riding seasons but the best is yet to come; Spring. This is coming just in time for a Goldwing M&G is in April in the Texas Hillcountry riding the Twisted Sisters. Looking forward to riding again with the legendary Buffalo and the funniest guy I know; Steve and of course the fastest and best rider I know on a 650; Robin. Dad gum am I excited.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Great, I have a 2007 650 Burgman and truly enjoy the scooter, I hope to someday when it warms up to ride with you Texas guys to a TWT outing or some other type of ride. In the mean time, enjoy your new ride.

John

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Why Suzuki only had that candy apple red 650 for one year is beyond me. That's the one I was looking for but none were for sale around me at the time.:(

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
Great, I have a 2007 650 Burgman and truly enjoy the scooter, I hope to someday when it warms up to ride with you Texas guys to a TWT outing or some other type of ride. In the mean time, enjoy your new ride. John
The March Pie Run is in Ponder....
just down the road from you......

·
Registered
753 Posts
Why Suzuki only had that candy apple red 650 for one year is beyond me. That's the one I was looking for but none were for sale around me at the time.:(
While I did not know it at the time that it was made only one year, when I found my 2007 Exe for sale with low miles and that eye popping candy apple red I knew that I was going to be buying it. After 7 months of ownership I still have not seen another one like it yet.

I do get a few comments on its pretty color that's for sure.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drove over to Dallas after work and got home at midnight with my candy apple red 2007 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650. Kinda cool, it matches my truck. First order of business is a c/t on rear so it can pass inspection. Headed to west Texas (Leveland) today thru the weekend so, no riding yet. Well, maybe I'll sneak in one today as we don't depart until tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not too far from Ponder as I live in NW Ft. Worth, sounds like that should work. I'll gather some of me riding buddies, many are on this forum and try to make it. I like the red ones, when I was looking for a Burgman (last Oct.) there were two red ones for sale here in Texas, one in Houston and the other was somewhere in the Austin area, but I'm a pearl white guy for my first choice. Good luck with your new ride, it will stand out among the others for sure.

John

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Congrats Dan looking forward to riding with you again.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Where is Texas hill country? I'm just a hop, skip and ride away from D/FW?
The hill country that area west of I-35 and south of a line roughly running from west from the Hillsboro area to Brownwood. The Twisted Sisters is a loop formed by Ranch Roads 335, 336 and 337 starting in Leakey Texas. Leakey is located about 80 miles west northwest of San Antonio on highway 83.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Trainman; Robin, Steve and I will likely be at the Ponder Pie run if the weather is at all rideable. Hopefully we will see you there.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Looks like a beautiful bike! I'm jealous of the color. Love candy apple red.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
What Robin ride now ?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats Dan looking forward to riding with you again.
Thanks Craig, looking forward to it too. Now I'll need a radio to keep in touch with you guys on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congratulations I hope you enjoy many years/miles of trouble free riding. Perhaps will catch you at some scooter ride in the future. Thinking of going to the "Scoot the Ozarks" get together later this year.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
May join Robin and Craig on Scootin the Ozarks too.

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
Don't know that Robin or I have any plans to do the Scootin the Ozarks rally. We are looking to go to the Maxi Scoot rally in Missouri though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts