Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my eyes on this 400 for the past week.

I kept saying to myself....man, that's a heck of a deal, don't ya think? Has zero miles, and that sticker price is out the door!

So I went to the dealer today and bought it, and I used Suzuki's 0% interest for 60 months financing. No money down, no trade in. Walked in, signed some papers, and this new 400 is now mine. Could they make it any easier to own a burgman?:D

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Congratulations bud. You're going to have fun. Your face will ache from smiling from now on! Good luck and post often with your experiences. Use the site to help get to know her. Ride safe!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Wow, heck of a deal! Much better than I got eight years ago! I think you'll love the contrast with the 650. It's so much easier to ride. I REALLY like having the two bikes. They're so very different, yet similar and familiar. Power, handling, weight are all very different. But seating ergos, protection, braking, storage are almost identical.

Well congratulations, I'm sure you will be happy with it. Remember to blip the throttle to 4500 rpm on takeoff.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Congratulations! I've seen used ones with an asking price higher than that.:thumbup:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice... Congrats!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Way to go - you're going to love it!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello friends,
thank you very much for the congrats. I appreciate your warm welcomes.
I took it out on the street for the first time this morning. I will have to get used to a couple things, mainly, the slow take off from a stand still. The clutch doesn't hook up & bike doesn't start to roll until 3k rpms. I tried to blip the throttle to get it to lock up sooner, and it sounds like this helps it some, but still, the speed from 0-10mph is rather painfully slow. My toy poodle can outrun me! LOL!
I'm going to chalk it up to insufficient break-in time for now. after all, I only have....1 mile....logged on it so far. I need to take some time today to ride at least 10 or more miles.

So here's a question to everyone. I've been reading up on the Dr. Pulley aftermarket parts. It's my understanding that DR pulley offers sliders to replace the stock hollow rollers. Do the sliders change the clutch engagement point, or do they change the overall gearing ratio? I'm thinking that if the clutch slip from standstill is not to my liking once I break in the bike, then is it this part, the sliders, that I want to consider putting in, or is it something else that dr pulley offers?

·
Registered
770 Posts
It will loosen up...mine had noticeably more pickup at 2000 miles than at 800.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
By now, I'm sure buyers remorse has set in. I'll give you $5895 for it! (What can I say. I'm a 'giver.')

Congrats!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just needs to break in...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Awesome! I had an '08 400 and it's a great scoot. You cannot go wrong with this ride. Aloha!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats man. I bought one last week too using the 0 percent deal. I paid a little more though. $7099. I'm cool with it. I drive a 2014 tundra. Great truck but a gas hog. I did the math and calculated I will save approximately $23 per 100 miles on the Burgman. I do a lot of running around doing estimates for my business. I think I will put 300 miles a month on the bike saving about $70 per month. Making my payment about $100 net per month. After 40000 miles the bike pays for itself. I am loving every mile!!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Tree, good luck with that. When I first got a scooter I thought the same thing. After I started riding I soon realized I was riding a lot more miles than I ever put on my car. I now use a lot more gas than I ever did before getting a scooter. That said I sure like using up gas.:p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congratulations!! I had similar moment of happiness 2 months ago. Bought a 2012 with 0 miles for a little less price than yours. Looks like 2013+ model. Great deal on on 0% interest, 0 down.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts