Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bought a pair of these

Figure they are so small and light I can velcro in place near the mirrors -set and forget....

4 stars because bracket could be better. I charged this once via usb and now it must stay charged via solar because I've never had to hook it up again. It had some small scratches on the solar panel out of the package but for the price no big deal. I have dropped this light with no ill effect. I use it as a flashlight also. Would buy again.
$16 for the pair.

Hard to argue with the reviews

Looks like it will sit flat on top of each mirror
the white will pick up the slow flash and I can reach the buttons easily.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The light releases from the clamp so I'll just put the light itself which has the solar charger on top on the top of the mirrors - button for on and off is easy to reach as well. Hope this works....I was really impressed how attention getting the slow bright flash was in the fog.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You might check your local laws on the legality of those auxiliary lights. They would not be legal where I live.

Around here, the police usually do not hassle bicycles if they are improperly lit, but they will hassle motorcycles.
-

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've used lights like these on my V-strom for 2 years now, white on front and red on back. The model I use has strobe and steady modes so I can take them off and use them for camp lights. You could lose them pretty quickly in the wrong neighborhood though since they attach with velcro.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Excellent thanks
they do come off the velcro :D and yes a spare light

where did you position them?

Do you have any daytime and night time pics?

You might check your local laws on the legality of those auxiliary lights. They would not be legal where I live.
There are no issues with auxiliary lights per se as fog lights are perfectly legal and checking California laws there is no issue with them either as long as mounted within guidelines.
http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/26_58_01

There may be a question with them flashing. I'd light a slow flash - but this is so much cheaper and more flexible than a modulator.

I fooled with a single red LED on the side of the bike today strapped on the rider handles and it was surprising even in the daytime in sunlight. It's the flash that catches the eye

·
Registered
198 Posts
The V-strom has stubby signal lights so I just attached them to the signal stems. One thing I didn't like though is they are no help for side lighting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts