Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I go. Bike's running great. Made the mistake of reading some the "high speed wobble" thread. Now I'm going to be checking the wheel bearings on my 14 year old steed quite frequently.

Anyway, Hi. Bye. Should have left yesterday.

God Bless,
Rory ScooterLoaded10142019.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,932 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Plan: Leave Monday ahead of weather. Left Tuesday and caught all the weather I could handle. Went out along Highway 1 for a ways, saw the Atlantic. Didn't stay long, but it's just a cool thing to be there, at the edge of the Water Universe. Through Virginia in a deluge. Some fellow just ahead of me decided the road wasn't green enough and dropped a bunch of sod. In the rain, could barely see what I was dodging. Didn't have time to get scared. Fairing worked great while rolling. Then the brand new back tire went flat. Parked and hiked to the bike shop, Sunshine Something. Might as well have swam there. They gave me an air tank and the nice lady volunteered to drive me back to the bike. They were very helpful, but apparently there was nothing wrong with the tire. I'd checked and adjusted the air a couple days before leaving. Thinking back, the bike had felt strange before it went totally soft, but I thought it was the rain. More likely someone with a sick sense of humor. Found a Motel before I found a campsite. That was Day One.

God Bless,
Rory

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Are you headed to Key West ? Can’t wait till you write and send pictures about Sand, Sun Shine and over filled bikinis .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should've gone to Florida

Didn't make it to Bikini Land. Took a left into "When The Heck Will It Quit Raining Land" by way of "Wow, That's A Lot Of Wind, Land". Thought I was in a hurry when I started, but if I'd known how hard it was to get here, I'd probably have gone to Florida and stayed there.

Gonna write out the minor epic soon, not many pictures. Would have got really good shots of dark angry waves off the Chesapeake Bridge but I was too scared to let go of the handle bars.

To be continued.

God Bless,
Rory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts