Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my 2008 Burgman due to the crosswinds. My Piaggio MP-3 was stable by comparison. I had installed the taller GIVI windscreen and a dealer told me recently that it was probably the culprit
I really like the Burgman 400 other than those scary moments on freeways with winds.
I purchased a 2013 Burgman 400 this week with only 1,592 miles on it
Should I order a GIVI AF-266 Airflow model to be able to lower and avoid being blown around?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If you're that concerned about being blown around, why not keep it stock?

Yes, the 400 can get blown around a bit, but all two-wheeled bikes do. Personally I find the 400 quite stable at speed, but mine is stock and I'm a larger guy. Adding any screen that's larger than stock, I think would make matters worse in this regard.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Bump your tire pressure. Going to 32psi F/R helped me a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I will increase the tire pressure.
I am tall so I cannot use the stock one. The OEM windscreen is flimsy and too short.
I am ordering the AF-266 Givi Airflow adjustable windscreen so I can lower it when the winds are blowing me to the sides. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The biggest effect when I changed to the Givi Airflow was the stability increase. I think it's more than just raising and lowering the screen. I've read, and believe that the air moving between the two screens adds a lot of stability. I think you'll be surprised if you change to the airflow. I feel very stable on my 400.

John

·
Registered
806 Posts
cross winds

Cross winds, especially gusts are hard for me on my 400, it Definitely takes the fun away!
I started a thread awhile back regarding riding in strong cross winds. Look it up on "Search". It had to do with putting your leg out on the side where the wind gusts were coming from. It really helped.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I am tall so I cannot use the stock one. The OEM windscreen is flimsy and too short.
I don't understand your statement...cannot use...too short.
But I do feel the newer 400 windscreens are flimsier than the Pre-2007 ones were.
The stock screen does it's purpose by deflecting bugs, rode pebbles, and rain . Anything other than that you might as well be driving a convertible. 90 percent of the bikes out there have no windscreens and that's where the "wind in your hair" comes from. I have never had a windscreen that I thought was perfect but some do better than others.
The best thing for improved windscreen comfort is to vent it to relieve the back pressure which causes most of the sail effect. It can be done with a simple drill bit (2 - 1" ports work well) or an expensive vented screen both are effective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts