Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I agree those are a good solution. I shall procure them at some point in the next while. Thanks!

·
Administrator
18,332 Posts
I have not pulled a Final drive apart to see how the gears float in the case. I think they are on a shaft that sets in the case and free float with the lube. The center shafts may be pressed into the inner FD case.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That's what I had to do until I got the (slightly) shorter windscreen. Became really inconvenient (and unsafe) after a while. And the top of my helmet would be in the wind, regardless.
dogboy - I got to ride on the interstate yesterday evening. I decided to go for a bit of a ride. Rode down to Forsyth to see something I was / am curious about. 49.5 mile ride one way. The barn door is perfect. If I find looking through the windshield annoying (which I do not as yet), I can simply lower it. Matter of fact, it seems to be a skosh quieter somewhere less than all the way up.

I consider it perfect, because my back is tall, and now the range of heights from all the way down to all the way up is perfect for my (back) height. The windshield doesn't flex like I've heard about the Givis, and the vent does a better job venting than I thought it would. I consider this a 100% success.

It points out how loud my FD is. I'm going to iron out my driver's backrest, than I will move on to the FD.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Why have a tortoise when you can have a Hare :D
A simple bicycle speedometer velcroed onto the dash is a cheap simple solution to your speedo woes just get a wireless unit

41 - 45 of 45 Posts