Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allwalk, I see you are from T.O. I am interested in perhaps ridding myself of my old wing next year and going to a berger but I have not seen a whole lot of these in Ontario. I just have concerns like everyone else about power etc.. Is the 650 really worth the difference compared to the 400? On the 4 lane highways, how does it handle re wind etc.. What about dirt roads i.e. concession roads with hard packed gravel surface. I ride two up a lot and therein lies my biggest concern. Approx weight...320ish. Have you taken any long trips? two up? :?:

·
Registered
58 Posts
HI GILLES
I live in ohio and ride two up with my wife 85 to 90% of the
time and can tell you the 605 Burg has more than enough power
for the job at hand. Together we go approx 350 give or take a little.
I to was concerned to and stopped at the bottom of several large hills and had no problem gaining speed to the point that my wife ask me to slow down and as for graveled road no problems- just need to watch for loose gravel in the middle of the road like with any bike.My last bike was a 1000 Kaw. so i do know the differance in power and the 650 does a very good job in fact I told my dealer I had a 106 fault code show up on my dash and as he was going to look up the code I said it also had mph behind the code if that made any differance. Any way the 650 BURG IS A GREAT SCOOTER and will handle the your needs just fine. Good Luck

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Gilles,

Allan (allwalk) left Friday for a weeks vacation and stated he would not be answering anything for 8 days. He will be answering any messages once he gets back from camping. There are a lot of other 650 riders here that can answer these questions in the meantime.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm from Kitchener Ontario and I believe we have forum members from Waterloo, London, Hamilton, Burlington and more (sorry if I left a city out). I have seen about 5 burgers on the roads in my area and had difficulty buying one as the dealers seem to be sold out of them. I too ride two up with my wife, combined weight around 400 lbs (won't say who weighs what!) It performs great. I do find that when she shifts around a bit on the back seat the bike tends to move a bit on the road but easily compensated for. If I can give you more info PM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts