Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading a lot about sliders in this forum but is very technical and also people are expecting increased mpg, speed or both depending on the sliders they use. All I want to know is what grams I should get to just continue using my bike and not to increase anything. I read 19g is the recommend but 20g is the stock weight. Which one should be used if all I want is to maintain the bike? Also, in basic terms, what is the purpose of the sliders?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
For a 2011 Burgman 400 the stock rollers are 19gm. I put in 20gm sliders and found they are acceptable. The same would probably hold true for 19gm. Or 18gm.

2 days ago I put the OEM rollers back in cause I was wondering if my sliders had maybe flipped. Immediately went back to OEM behavior and I'll be putting the sliders back in tomorrow. Turns out the behavior I was questioning is probably caused by variator wear. My variator has a significant ridge on the outermost diameter of the pulleys. Easily visible by just looking. I'll probably replace the variator at 40K.

I find that I prefer the way the Burg operates with the sliders. It's not a HUGE difference but definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your response. when you mentioned you like the way it responds with the sliders, are you referring to the stock ones?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The stock rollers are typically called rollers. The Sliders are the DP parts.

I prefer the DP Sliders.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Just saw CliffyK's update to this thread. You should check it out before embarking on a slider journey. Apparently there's more to using them the pre 2007 scooters.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I installed mine at 13.5k & sold it at 46K+ with mine still in it. That's on a 07 but I would think a 06 or older wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Do you think original ones can last 50k? what happens when they wear down?

·
Premium Member
14,516 Posts
How long does the OEM sliders last on average men?
The OEM are rollers,not sliders.
I replaced my OEM rollers with each belt replacement...
just a little preventative maintenance....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts