Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 burgman 400an and will need a new rear tire soon. Bridgestones are OEM but i was wondering about other brands and which ones are good. Not looking to go on the darkside just a good tire thats not too expensive. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.:confused:
150/70 13 m/c BO2 G TL

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Dunlop scooter line. I've used them for years. Last about 10k, front and back. Nice handling characteristics.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Tires

I use the Pirelli diablos. They don't last as long, 5K, but the hold much better on our wet roads.

Ray

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
+1 to Pirelli -- big difference to the stock if performance is concerned

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just put a Diablo on the rear last week as well. But...

I ordered it from Bike Bandit. Removed the rear wheel (My first time. It was pretty easy.) and took it to my local Suzuki dealer for installation and balance. Got it back, installed it and while riding it, I noticed feeling like the tire wasn't round. Took it back to the dealer, they said it was properly installed. So, I took a video of it. Sure enough, the tire was not round.

I emailed Bike Bandit and sent them the video. They agreed that the tire was not round. They sent a replacement while I continued to use the tire (Annoying!). A few days later, the replacement arrived. They paid to have the defective on returned, but I had to pay for installation again.

The second tire rides great.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
+1 Pirelli, no longer have them installed but a very Smoove Ride, Replaced them because there were made for RAIN, Don't get to much rain here in the CA,

Elliott,

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I use the Pirelli diablos. They don't last as long, 5K, but the hold much better on our wet roads.

Ray
WOW! only 5000 miles. That sucks! Is this normal for this tire or are you the exception. I have used Pirelli tires for other rides{2 and 4 wheels} and they never wore faster than average, usually the opposite. Of coarse they were never the higher end sport tires so maybe that is the reason.

In reading the other tire threads for AN400 it seems a lot of guys like the Michelins, either the City Grip or the sportier Pilot Power.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have been using AVON viper strikes. Not expensive ( I don't like the word cheap ). The Rear tire last about 5000 to 7000 kms. They are British made and they have been making motorcycle tires since the 1970's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts