Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AZ Motorsports- BACKORDER for MONTHS ! ! :oops:
Oneida Suzuki- On Order- NONE in stock !! :?
My Suzuki Dealer- NONE in stock, on BACKORDER !! :(

Getting a replacement for these ODD-BALL tires is like winning the LOTTO!

A word to the wize: Order your replacement tires the day you buy the bike. MAYBE you might get replacements by the time your tires wear out, and MAYBE NOT. :twisted:

Even worse, WHAT are we going to do for a replacement tire on a trip that is several thousand miles??????

Fred

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Fred, what scoot are you riding? The dealer in Sanford NC has Pirelli tires for both, for example, and charges $45 removal, install, and balance. Tires are $37-45 each.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
A dealer that actually stocks tires for the scooters they sell??? What an innovative idea!!! I'm being sarcastic (and jealous) of course. My dealer calls their distributor and hears blah, blah, blah "no, we won't know until early next year if Pirelli is even going to make a front tire for the Burgman 650" ... "no, the Bridgestone tires are backordered..." - it is pretty sad. What is alarming is that the USA distributors, who supply all these dealers, don't even realize that the Pirelli front tire IS in production, and has been for at least a year! The one I just bought from Zdeno in Canada was manufactured in March of 2003.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Paul, I think what prompted this dealer to stock a set...and I think he only had a rear 650...but both for the 400, was the problem a buddy of mine had with a different dealer diddling around about the Bridgestones not being avail, etc, etc. My friend called around and this dealer in Sanford was very supportive and promptly said he could supply Pirelli's for him. That led the dealer to stock a couple or so. Also, i noted when we rode down there last week just to look around, that the tires he got came from Parts Unlimited.

Shop manager took us back to see the balancing machine...sort of a miniature one like they use on car tires. Computerized. Nice big, clean shop. The three of us will be doing business with that dealer for tires. If you bring in your wheel and buy a tire from him, the mounting and balancing is $22.50 each. They won't mount tires you buy elsewhere. Take note you guys in the Rawleigh/Durham area...its the Suzuki dealer in Sanford, N.C.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pirelli scooter tires recently installed

My dealer ordered a set of Pirella Scooter Diablo tires last week from Parts unlimted and had them in 2 days. Just had them installed Wednesday. Was impressed with the 70 mile ride home. Half the price of a set of original equipment Bridgestones. Hope I get the mileage out of the Pirelli that I got with the Bridgestone. Just tured over 8000 miles and the wear bars were showing on the Bridgestones. Maybe I was lucky but my dealer had no trouble finding the scooter tires from Parts Unlimited. Charged me $75.00 to install the front and rear. $205 total for front and rear Diablo set.

Helix
:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
In the meantime - heres a pic of my set.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Ordered my rear Perelli GTS tire for my 400 on July 25th from azmotorsports. It's been shipped and UPS shows it on time for delivery on Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts