Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a voyager trike kit on my 2013 Burgman 650. It's time to replace tires Are there car radials that would work, since it never on two wheels?

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
yup, DaveJ has the best lowdown on that. You say never on 2 wheels, I recommend takin the corners a little faster and sharper, who knows, you may even get it on one wheel !

·
Administrator
17,687 Posts
Barb, Welcome to the forums.
Yes there are Car tires that fit the Burgman 650 but it is not an easy install and to find someone local that would do it can be hard.

For a trike I'd run like the Federal Formosa FD1 165/65 14 or any same size tire. Do a search on 'Darkside' on any forum and you will see many posts.

Just a forewarning, the posts and comments can be rude.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there are Car tires that fit the Burgman 650 but it is not an easy install and to find someone local that would do it can be hard.

For a trike I'd run like the Federal Formosa FD1 165/65 14 or any same size tire. Do a search on 'Darkside' on any forum and you will see many posts.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
if you tell us where you are, we may know someone who does the mount, I know a place in Polk county florida that does them,

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup, DaveJ has the best lowdown on that. You say never on 2 wheels, I recommend takin the corners a little faster and sharper, who knows, you may even get it on one wheel !
if you tell us where you are, we may know someone who does the mount, I know a place in Polk county florida that does them,
Northern part of Alabama. I'm stuck taking it to a dealer. My husbamd use to do the work but he recently passed away. I'm going to sell his Burggy but I'm keeping mine. His wasn't a trike.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Northern part of Alabama. I'm stuck taking it to a dealer. My husbamd use to do the work but he recently passed away. I'm going to sell his Burggy but I'm keeping mine. His wasn't a trike.
BarbB, we’re all sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. Send Dave_J the particulars of your late husbands Burgman and he will help you put it on our classified section.

I’m glad you are keeping yours with the intention of wearing out another set of tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

What front tire do you think I should use on my tike?

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
I'm thinking the dynamics of a trike may be different enough from a bike that grippyness is less of a desireable factor than long wear, shedding water more important than steering character in a turn, of course rim size is not variable but profile and height could be adjusted to preference, Bluebottle, if I'm off track, throw a rock at me.
Trikies, I know this is sacrilige, but getting as close to darksiding the front as possible, what say you?

·
Super Moderator
2,221 Posts
I suppose you could do a double darkside, there are a few accounts noted with Goldwings, including the the voyager setup.
Darkside's the line I have not crossed, so do so at your own risk & such. I have not tried it but Mikey may have a point there.

I'm thinking the dynamics of a trike may be different enough from a bike that grippyness is less of a desireable factor than long wear, shedding water more important than steering character in a turn, of course rim size is not variable but profile and height could be adjusted to preference, Bluebottle, if I'm off track, throw a rock at me.
Trikies, I know this is sacrilige, but getting as close to darksiding the front as possible, what say you?

·
Premium Member
7,646 Posts
as i normally wear out 2 rear tires to one front tire , a darkside rear that gets me 30,000 miles means I would get 60,000 miles on the front!!!! Seems like a great idea :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts