Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. since the front tire show some cracks in the side wall i started to search for local dealers to buy a new one, but no one have the size of that rim (14"), so i spent the last day searching the forums for the brand of tires that most of you are prefer for the 400 so i could order a new one online. now i have two questions to ask.
First: are the OEM bridgestone are better than the others but the price is making it Bounces?
Second: in case of comparison between (metzeler, michelin, and pirelli) what are the benefits of each one?
i do care about longevity because i don't drive my bike in a sport way and my average speed is 40 at most of times.
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ive tried less exspensive tires and got less miles out of them. im staying with bridgestone hoop. i get 15,000 out of the rear and 30,000 out of the front, although i dont reccommend it. i would change the front at 25,000 and no more. the front tire gets pretty thin after 25,000. the front tire cups. im trying dina beads now in hopes that it wont cup again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
so the stock 'hoops' last at least 15k to 25k??? i bought my 400 with 9k on it and the tires were already changed, i'm wondering y the previous owner changed them so soon?
it has pirrelli's on now...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Hussein, your tyres won't normally last 15-20k, not on a bike like the Burgmans with the power they have. A lot of course depends on the road conditions as to how long they last as well as how you ride, and the temperatures your bike has to put up with. Here in europe my tyres on my 400 last around 8-9k miles for the rear, and around the 12-14k miles for the front. That driving on smooth tarmac but ridden quite fast, braking lightly and smoothly. I use Ultraseal/Puncturesafe in my tyres which stop punctures and helps reduce the tyre temperatures and makes them last a bit longer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Q.M. Ultraseal seems like an interesting product. Do you install it yourself and if so how? I see in USA most is via pumps from 5 gallon containers for commercial use.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The estimate for metzeler feelfree with shiping is 205$, im in a serious trouble :(
the steering comes to be harder than usual and when braking the bike pulls to the right, that tire is really exhausted.
i contacted bridgestone and it appears that they have a dealer in baghdad so i called him today but he said that they only sell cars tires but he will check if it possible to make a special order for me. now i'm waiting and keep commuting with my Majesty.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Chaparral (on line or call in order).

I switched to SHINKO on front when the OEM wore out and was scalloped bad at around 18K miles. I have about 3K miles on the SHINKO - seems fine to me.

Will no more when it gets up to the 15K miles of use (about the wear, etc.).

$58 I think it was, ordered with another tire - over $100 order is no shipping.

Mounted it my self, so no charge there.

Using Car Tire on the rear - now have right at 17K miles on the car tire and estimate will go another 5K miles.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My first front Hoop lasted from 0 to 14,720 miles

Changed the rear Hoop at 6971 miles to another Hoop, then to a Michelin at 15,165

So I am getting good mileage from tires, better than any other bike I've owned

I change them myself too. Invested in Harbor Freight tire irons and a balancer.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Unless you brake heavily (with the front) the front tire should last a long time. There is not much weight on the front. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts