Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've settled the extended warranty issue but they do offer a tire warranty. I'm thinking about it becuz of the bad roads here in Michigan, THE POTHOLE STATE. They will cover the rims & tires & towing if u need it. Sounds like a wise choice but I don't know. Tire Warranty is 3 years for $400 or $450. Would u buy it???????

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Does it cover normal wear and tear on the tires? Are you going to be riding enough to need a few sets of replacement tires? Will it cover replacements when you are out on the road (not near the dealer)? Are there limits to the number of replacement tires you can get?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
It's hard to give a good opinion because we don't even know what part of the country you live in.
If your up north -short riding season - Don't expect to ride that much- Then I say no, 400. dollars should cover all the tires you will need for over 4 years. and I doubt you warranty covers worn out tires.
Pot holes and flats aside, you may wear out a set of tires in two years. And while it does happen , Flats are not that common nor is damage from pot holes. Over a year on this forum totaling I would guess well over a 100,000 miles, And while I am not sure at this point (think I will do A poll) very few (if any) flats or pot hole troubles.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
If it were me, I wouldn't buy a tire warrenty. In over 30 years of riding I've only had one tire problem. I picked up a screw in a brand new tire on my '80 'Wing. That's been the extent of my tire problems.
Pot holes on a bike are easier to avoid than with a car and I wouldn't be overly concerned them. Besides, if you hit a pot hole hard enough to damage a tire or wheel on your Burgman, you'll probably have more to be concerned about than your tire or wheel. :wink:

Don

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Burgies,

I called about how much 2 replace a front or back tire.

Front tire w/labor = $190
Back tire " = $225

With my luck with tires, I think I'm gonna get it. At $449, it will be worth it if i get a couple problems & towing & break down costs gets reimbursed. I can afford it so......

Thanks 4 all the feedback!

I LUV THIS PLACE!!!!

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I recently bought two new Pirelli tires for my 650 through my local dealer.

Front: $58.32
Rear: $54.60

Installation is free under my maintenance agreement. (If I had to pay for installation it would be $55 per tire).

Bridgestones cost a bit more, but those quotes are high.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
LIGHTSKIN523 said:
...I'm thinking about it becuz of the bad roads here in Michigan, THE POTHOLE STATE. ...
Randy said:
It's hard to give a good opinion because we don't even know what part of the country you live in. ...
Time for some remedial geography?

:p

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Detroit, Michigan & he had 2 go 2 Ohio about 3-4 hours away.

Ok now what do u think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts