Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just got my used 2008 burgman 400 and I have to change the front tire. What I would like to know is, which tires are the best for the front ? I would like a tire that holds the road dry and wet and will last, any good tires out there. I guess I will get an ear full LOL. thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
For me the Diablo gave me the best bag for the buck. As I live in the desert I can't advise on wet road handling. Now if we're talking riding in 110+ weather that I know. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure, but in the front there Bridgestone but with the mileage they must be stock. I see there is a choice of tires, Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, Metzeler, which one is good.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
For the 400, I like Dunlops Scooterline. They last over 10k, longer with dynabeads, front and back. Good solid tire.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
i love my Michelin City Grips. I’ve rode in water up to the floorboards with these and they grip excellent. I’ve had them on for well over 10,000 miles and they show no wear at all. I keep up on the air pressure constantly and that seems to keep them good.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm surprised, there are over 17,000 members on this site and only 4 members have tires on there bikes. :(

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If you try the search thingie, you may find 17,000 threads titled "What's a good tire". The horse is down and I don't think she's breathing.

Besides, front tires are pretty pedestrian. Put rubber ones on and you'll get between 15K and 20K, the scooter will lean when you turn, the scooter will turn when you lean.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The reason for my question was: If you still have a good back tire you should strongly consider using a matching tire on the front. I find the stock Bridgestone Hoop to be a very good tire but others might be a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ok, I have the Bridgestone Hoop on the front. I got 30,000 out of the original. It scalloped. The second tire I currently have 29,000, it scalloped. I'm changing it this weekend with a new Bridgestone Hoop and putting in dyna beads this time. I will only put 25,000 miles on it before changing it again. I see no need to push the tire as far as I have. Keep like tires together, front and rear.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just stay away from Shinko tires. The mileage from the rear was less than 5000. I'll never buy cheap tires again. Just my to cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like the michelin pp on front of my 400 burgman. The city grip held up better on the back. Get about 12,000 on front and 7,000 on back. I went to the darkside on back simply because i got tired of changing tires. I have 35,000 on my bike

·
Registered
345 Posts
After darksiding, do you find that yours don't want to lean? I recently went darkside on my 650, and I now regret doing so, b/c of the loss in flickable-ness. Also, b/f, w/ a m/c tire being rounded, I could roll my 650 onto my open trailer that has 6" U channels to roll the bike onto. Now, the d/s back tire's too wide to fit into the trailer's rails.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just stay away from Shinko tires. The mileage from the rear was less than 5000. I'll never buy cheap tires again. Just my to cents.
I got a message from Shinko that said to make sure to use the tire pressure on the tire as opposed to the lower pressure in the owners manual. Maybe they wear quicker at lower pressure.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
After darksiding, do you find that yours don't want to lean? I recently went darkside on my 650, and I now regret doing so, b/c of the loss in flickable-ness. Also, b/f, w/ a m/c tire being rounded, I could roll my 650 onto my open trailer that has 6" U channels to roll the bike onto. Now, the d/s back tire's too wide to fit into the trailer's rails.
Try lowering the pressure. The pressure has to be low enough to allow the sidewall to compress to roughly the same height from the edge of the rim as the M/C tire when leaned over. I'm running 32 psi in my 165/65-R14 tire.

Get 8" rails for the trailer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm surprised, there are over 17,000 members on this site and only 4 members have tires on there bikes. :(
Well, to be honest, my opinion is like the proverbial *******, everyone has one and some smell.

I'm a member here but bought a used bike and TBH I don't have a clue what shoes are on her. I know on dry hot pavement I've managed to grind something against the pavement leaning over on curves so whatever they are, they work in the dry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts