Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought new tires had a "dot" on them, on the sidewall.
Is that the heavy spot? Therefore, aligned opposite the valve stem when you install the tire on the wheel?

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
that is what it is supposed to be if a dot is present, however, many tire manufacturers now don't put a dot on and many places that mount don't know what the dot is for , just watched my uncle get 4 tires put in his caddy dots on tires , tires best on market, wal mart mounted them , doofus mounting them had no idea what the dot was and just threw them in the balance machine, , made me so mad, I have to drive that car!!!! ( I drive my aunt and uncle everywhere they go due their health and their children being not available )

·
Registered
338 Posts
I always thought/think dot is at lighest pard of tire----just put new tire on rear today, aligned at valve, which should be heavest part of wheel, so lightest part of tire and heaviest part of bare wheel, lined up give easy balance.

I use "Ride On" as balancing means and it is also sealant for minor tack holes, etc. I do own tire work, if nothing else good exercise and in end I know work done right.-----Scooter and tire/wheel balance fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Install with the dot at the valve stem not across from.

Eric

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Apparently there are 2 dots on a new tire......YELLOW & RED..... The YELLOW dot should be at the tire valve stem...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ohh Steve, thank you to no end. :cheers: I work for Rolls-Royce (USA), so I am always interested in more UK humor, bloody ripped a seam on that one.

Now I have to form a new mental image of you!

Back to the task, I just mounted a tyre last week and alligned the yellow dot with the air valve stem. Worked great, and that is how the OEM tyre's were mounted to my Burgman 400 (2011) model too.

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts