Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,480 Posts
Those recommended tire pressures buy by Suzuki and the max on the sidewall are cold pressures. The guys that make them know that the pressure will be higher when the tire heats up and they take that into consideration when they make the recommendation. You should not be trying to stay within that range with a hot tire as you will then be under inflating the tire.

Also the outside air temperature also affects the cold air pressure. When you air the tires to X lbs in the winter time you put more air in them than when you air them to X lbs in the summer time even though you are measuring the pressure on a "cold" tire. Cold is relative. This to some extent makes up the difference in the pressure you will be seeing when the tire heats up as you ride. Since you started out with less air in the "cold" tire in the summer time it expands less as it heats.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I run the recommended 33/36, but I check it often. The proper pressure makes so much difference in way these bikes perform, that I check it every 3 or 4 rides.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As I mentioned, the Shinko people said that on their tire to make sure that the pressure shown on the sidewall (cold) was run, regardless of what was said in the manual. This may relate to some of the trouble reported with Shinko tires in the past, not sure. This was for the 650 but I assume it relates to both.

·
Registered
White Burgman 650 standard
3,156 Posts
Great stuff - Marv - I'm trying to get a 71 year old into a 400 Burgman ( he's ridden dirt in his past so not a total newby and he's fit and strong enough.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.