Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Feedback to Suzuki page is not a discussion page I'm answering Pootle's question here. Actually I agree wholeheartedly that the wheels should be fitted with a right angled pressure valve. I know that they can be purchased, but that shouldn't be necessary. Actually, I solved the problem by buying this tire pressure gauge:

http://www.whitehorsepress.com/product_ ... ts_id=4559

Not only does it fit on the existing valve, it also attaches and releases without losing air. Great item!

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought this one from Canadian Tire a few years ago. It is kind of similar to the one you have... guage with a short flexible tube.

Tire Guage at canadiantire

I always lose a little bit of air no matter what guage I use.

---edit

Oops didn't notice that the one you have has the advantage of hooking up an inflation source to the the guage to monitor pressure as you inflate. The one I have doesn't have that ability.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I also purchased the Accu-Gage EZ AIR tire press gage. Got mine at AutoSport for $15.95 +6.75 shipping. It works very well on the 650
and on the Vespa ET-4 where space is also tight on the rear wheel.

Here also is a site with 90* tire valves that really should have come standard on the 650...wouldn't add that much to the cost! :roll:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.c ... 348&cid=90

http://www.heeters.com/tires.shtml

Hasta,
GinDrinker
:D

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I use a Electronic Digital w/ 90% head, but if it should break -I like the idea of filling & checking through the gage.
Wish it only read up to 50 lbs. the little number are hard to see :(

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I just tried to order the tire guage that Pauljo has, the one you can attach you air pump to with the bleeder valve.

Autosport will not ship to Canada!

A trifle short sighted. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Thanks Bob. I might just do that.
I had a thought about it this AM.
There is a huge motorcycle show here in Toronto in mid April.
The biggest in North America, or it advertises, up by the airport.

I'll bet I can buy all kinds of goodies there with out any hassles.
:wink:
Tire guages, Gerber jackets, heated grips etc.
Maybe I'll wait and see how that goes first.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Burger Bob said:
Try Whitehorse press, a little more expensive, but they may ship to Canada.
If not, maybe it's a good excuse to plan a ride down to the lower 48. 8)

BTW, Bob; I like your new avatar. Your profile says "Retired" but the portrait looks like you're wearing scrubs and a consulting jacket. Are you a surgeon?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Brian said:
BTW, Bob; I like your new avatar. Your profile says "Retired" but the portrait looks like you're wearing scrubs and a consulting jacket. Are you a surgeon?
Looks like a bathrobe to me....maybe Bob's got a Hugh Heffner-type lifestyle...? :wink:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian and Dean, the picture is a self portrait I recently did, between commissions, and I'm actually wearing just your everyday t-shirt, regular shirt and grey hooded sweatsuit top. I must admit that it does look a bit confusing, particularly since the picture is cropped. BTW, I could never be a surgeon and I sure couldn't afford a Heffner style life! Thanks for the comments, anyway!

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
496 Posts
Rick,

If you have problems shipping the gauge to Canada, I would be happy to help you out. I could order it and send it to you (at no additional fee to you). Let me know if you can't get it.

Evelyn

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Thank you Evelyn, very generous of you. :)

If I have to go that route, I'll make sure you're not out of pocket for it.
Let's see what the show brings.

Actually, I found out today there are two shows here in April.
One smaller one (200 exhibitors) April 2nd, and the mega show April 16.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Burger Bob said:
Brian and Dean, the picture is a self portrait I recently did, between commissions, and I'm actually wearing just your everyday t-shirt, regular shirt and grey hooded sweatsuit top.
Well, now I'm really impressed.

I'm a photographer and have -- I think -- a good eye; but if I were to try to draw a person it would probably be unrecognizable as a living creature.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
lilleyen said:
I just tried to order the tire guage that Pauljo has, the one you can attach you air pump to with the bleeder valve.
You might try some of your local auto supply stores. I got mine through the mail from Autosport but I saw a very similar gauge in our neighborhood Advance Auto Parts store last week. I suspect that Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. might carry them also. Just be careful to see if it has the valve that lets you add/bleed air with the gauge attached. That's the best feature.
Don

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey Gin Drinker,

Thanks for the info re: EZ Auto Gauge. I ordered online through Auto Sport on Sunday and received the gauge on Wed. The gauge is great and sure does save a lot of time. I don't know if your supposed to do this or not but I use the scooter battery for the air compressor and it works just fine filling up the tires.

If you were closer I would have a gin and tonic with you :D

Evelyn

·
Registered
193 Posts
Evelyn,
Glad the gage works for you; It does make life easier on both
the 650 and the Vespa (Especially the rear tires on both).
Any compressor will work fine. Autosport has a good 120volt unit that I use on my cars, scooters and bikes; it also has other attachments for inflating basketballs, mattresses, etc...
If you are buying, I will meet you 1/2 way for that G&T.
GinDrinker
:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts