Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason, I am not getting good searches today......so, this may be repetitive.
What tire pressures do folks use on their 650's?
Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
33 front
40 rear

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
35/36 Solo

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
All my maxi scooters 40 front and 42 back , that's where feel and handling are the best for me and the way I ride . Mine are on the high side for one up but it works for me . You should try on the low side and work your way up to see what works for you .
When my tires lose just a couple pounds I feel it right away , to me the bike feels heavy at the lower end .

TheReaper!

·
Premium Member
14,278 Posts
No chart that I know of. Folks just seem to experiment and use what works for them. For me that's 36 front and 40 rear. That seems to give me the best compromise between handling and tire wear.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
38 and 40 for me with the bias ply Shinko rear just put on.
It runs cooler than the Metz and feels like a softer ride - they seem very sticky and apparently wear fast so a bit more pressure helps I hope.

Feels good so far but no distance done yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When i am riding on highway for long distance trips plus loaded with side cases and pillon, i put 40 front - 44 rear...
However still this does not avoid tire to loose its form of shape...

Should i go on higher pressures? I have installed TPMS and monitor the pressure realtime and it goes up to 45-46 depending on speed and whether.
Putting more pressure simply frightens me...

·
Registered
366 Posts
For some reason, I am not getting good searches today......so, this may be repetitive.
Thanks
I have a 2013 650 and the Manual said 33Front and 41 Rear Cold.
Thats is what I use and that is what my Manual from Suzuki said to use.
I started about 3-4 weeks ago using Nitrogen and after several hundred miles I don't have to add any air. This is a first for me in the South Florida heat usually every week or 2 at max I gave to add air. So so far I love this Nitrogen, I also get a smother softer ride.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Remember that your tire pressure goes up as your tires become warner from riding, not sure how much as I have never checked after riding, but I always thought on hot days it could be as much as 6lbs. Anyone who has checked this out I would like to know.

John

·
Registered
51 Posts
According to my tire pressure monitoring system my front tire from cold to hot will increase 5 psi and the rear tire will increase 6 to 7 psi it only takes about 15 to 20 minutes of riding for this pressure increase. I set mine to run 33 front and 42 rear warm. mostly riding single.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
40 lbs in the front?!?! That's 20% over manufacturers recommendation. I tried 36 lbs, but did not like the loss of the tactile 'feel' of the road. I ride 33-35 up front, 41-43 rear (2-Up).

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have a real time gauge and the rear in particular can jump dramatically.
I too found 40 up front skittish as it would go to 45 at speed. I set mine 36-38.

I found 38 good with the Metz on the rear- they go to 45 hot but the Shinkos run cooler so at 40 for it on the rear.

A real time gauge ( which BMW thought important enough to add ) can really help you zero in on best for you and be re-assuring when riding as you can set a warning.

It works, is reliable and no installation other than the sensor caps on the valves ( they have a lock ).

It really cured my tire pressure concerns. $169 well spent in my view.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
40-41 Rear
33 Front

I weigh 215.

Thanks

Reactions: BurgyBill

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a 2013 650 and the Manual said 33Front and 41 Rear Cold.
Thats is what I use and that is what my Manual from Suzuki said to use.
I started about 3-4 weeks ago using Nitrogen and after several hundred miles I don't have to add any air. This is a first for me in the South Florida heat usually every week or 2 at max I gave to add air. So so far I love this Nitrogen, I also get a smother softer ride.
Regular air is roughly 78% nitrogen.
I wouldn't pay to add 100 nitrogen to my tires.
YMMV

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Bstone TH01 front 37-38 psi, Michelin Pilot Sport SC radial rear 40-41 psi.

Great tire combo for 650.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts