Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checking tire pressure on my Burgman400 is a bit of a pain, so I'd do it only once a week or longer. I was considering going to an angled valve stem but decided to try a TPMS first.

After a bit a research, I went with these: http://www.ride-on.com/smartcap

Pressure loss can happen overnight; now I can check in seconds before every ride.

Ride-On recommends removing the caps and double checking once a month. They'll blink if a 4psi loss is detected. I've had them five weeks and found a loss of 2.4psi in the rear and 1.1psi in the front.

They come with an extension to test the units' functioning. They'll blink for 100 hours to indicate low battery but you want to make sure you didn't get a set with dead batteries. The scooter's rims won't allow the extension to fit, so you'll have to test them on another vehicle.

The TPMS seem to be well-made. They look a bit bulky on the stem but I got over that quickly when I realized the convenience they offer.

They also come with a slot key to prevent theft; keep it with the bike because it would probably be a bear to remove/intall them without it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I believe they also come with roadside assistance if you register on line. A local shop sells them and I think he even includes them when he sells a new scooter. I haven't tried them myself but I have angled valve stems and I'm not sure I would trust the extra mass of them offset like that. My valve stems are all metal so they should hold up but I would still worry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the on my 650. Now in the landfill.
Reason, every hard bump increases tire pressure
and the valves will relieve the excess pressure.
Always having to check tire pressure.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
how about tire's balance? does it affect?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts