Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had purchased nitrogen for my tires but I find the dealers gauge is off and my tires were under inflated.
I purchased RIDE-ON LED Smart Valve Stem Pressure Caps - Motorcycle Scooter from eBay for $31.45.
They are very light and installed easy, they even come with a one year free towing.
It works on any tire pressure if it drops 4 LB it will begin to flash red led.
I added one extra pound to my tires before installing them now if I loose 4 pound it will let me know. But actually it will be 3 pounds under inflated. 3-4 pounds under you can still ride the bike but mine I noticed my ride was spongy and it was 10 LB under. Summers here are very hot and makes the tire go up and down when it cools.

Battery on the caps claim to last 2-3 years so If I replace then every 2 years is cheap.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Joe are you saying your tires were 10# under after paying the dealer to put nitrogen in your tires? Then you put plan air in at home? Why didn't you go back to the dealer and have them top them off with nitrogen?
One thing I've often thought about is if nitrogen does not leak out like plan air will then if you fill your tires with air from your compressor and the nitrogen does not leak out but the other gases do, won't you eventually end up with mostly nitrogen after repeated fill ups? ;)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
If nitrogen didn't ever leak out there would never be a need to "fill the tires".

I run a special mix supplied by a "compressor" in my garage that is 78.09% nitrogen, been using it for years with absolutely no problems...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'd always wondered about that nitrogen thing. Here's what the mix of gasses in regular "air" is:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Why not run pure hydrogen? It has a much higher specific heat than air (better cooling). Large alternators at power plants are hydrogen-cooled. It'll leak out faster because that molecule is pretty tiny. And then there's that extremely low ignition energy problem ;-)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Why not run pure hydrogen? It has a much higher specific heat than air (better cooling). Large alternators at power plants are hydrogen-cooled. It'll leak out faster because that molecule is pretty tiny. And then there's that extremely low ignition energy problem ;-)
Yup, no smoking around a bike like that... Otherwise you might have a HINDENBURGMAN!

http://youtu.be/x65FIixPTIM

:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts