Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have carried a "Stop and Go Tire Plugger" gun and mushroom plugs for my Wing and Burgman. After 3 yrs., I got a chance to use it. I picked up what looked like a sheet rock screw in the rear tire. The tire wasn't loosing much air, but I thought I would try the Plugger.

You have to read the instructions carefully on this unit. You insert the mushroom plug into the hand compression gun and it squeezes it through a pointy funnel into the hole. The mushroom now resides inside the tire and the stem out the hole. In theory this makes for a better seal.

The trick is in the details. You need to oil up the plug with 10/30 to get the plug to squeeze through the funnel into the hole. You need to cock and release the pressure on the hand gun up to 4 times to slowly get the plug into the tire. I tried powering it by cocking the gun very hard and the plug deformed and was cut up . So, I learned to go back to the instructions and cock, release, cock, release, cock and release up to 4 times to slowly get the plug into the tire. Apparently, this effort moves the plug through the funnel w/o damaging it.

The end result was a plugged tire that held air and got me where I needed to go. I didn't have to take the wheel off the bike or the tire off the rim.

The unit is a little pricy, but worth it considering the remote areas I've traveled. I would give the tire plugger two thumbs up . "I'm not affiliated with Stop and Go in any way"

http://www.stopngo.com/Contents/1075.htm

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Cheaper than a tow truck, I'd bet.
For on the road fixing, you'd probably want to carry some oil and an air source, in the event you loose too much air to ride safely.

·
Registered
368 Posts
thanks for the review. I havent been lucky enough to use mine yet, but having said that, im sure I will be real soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts