Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happens after the flat is repaired, just what to you do with the tire
There is a lot said about how and what to use to repair a tire. But do you keep it and still feel safe a 70
or on the twisties?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Flats are really not anything I think about. I've only had two on bikes in over 35 years of riding. Both were tubes, so I fixed 'em. I've only had two flats on automobiles, too. I carry spares there, but wonder why. Cell phones. Who needs spares?

Steve

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I've had a blow out at speed & it's not something I ever want to have again. (Ruined a good pair of pants. Couldn't get the smell out of them.)
That was with a tube. I doubt that it is very likely that such a sudden & total failure will be likely to occur with tubeless tires. I feel confident in
useing a plug to get me to a repair shop & then letting them put a proper patch on the inside of the tire.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
I've only had a punctured tire once in a number of years of riding. I picked up a screw in the tread of a brand new rear tire (less than 100 miles on it) on my GoldWing. The screw was tight and it held air long enough for me to get it to the dealer.
The tire was repairable with a plug but I bought another new tire. My butt isn't worth a whole lot but I wasn't going to risk it for a $100 or so.

Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts