Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I expect from the stock tires on my Burgy 400.....how many miles or years do they last :?: When storing the bike (center stand) during winter months, is it advisable to keep the front tire off of a concrete slab :?:

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The tires will only last till they wear out................ :lol:
Kidding aside, a lot depends on you riding Habits, your Speed, the Weight you carry ect., so really the best your going to get is a guess , my guess (and hope) is at least 10000 miles--how long is up to you.
As far as storage, I don't think it would make any difference if the tire is off the ground since the bike is on the center stand there is very little weight on the rubber anyway. <s>

·
Registered
308 Posts
Randy's right -- it varies from rider to rider depending on riding habits, terrain, how hard/soft the bike is ridden... etc. Guesstimate: 7k to 12k miles.

·
Registered
10 Posts
And check your tire pressure at least once a week. I run close to max pressure on all my cycle tires. Having an air compressor with something like a 12 gallon air tank or larger and a hose reel will make all this easier to do which will make it more likely that you will alway keep the correct tire pressure.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Even a small 12 volt pump is better then nothing , in fact a lot of riders carry them in case of flats.
Also a good tire gauge, and a tread depth gauge are not expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts