Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to the 4 Corners of the USA in September; a roundtrip that will be over 8,000 miles. I will do the ride on a 2003 Burgman 650.

I currently have approximately 2,000 miles on the OEM tires and am concerned that I will need replacements to complete the trip.

The problem is that I so far have been unsuccessful in locating a dealer in the US who has the tires I need in stock and I've been told that they wouldn't be available until the end of October - much too late in the season to complete the ride. I've written a plea to Pirelli for help in finding a set but in the meantime ....

Does anyone on the board have an extra set of tires you could part with? I'll be happy to replace them as soon as they're available from Oneida Suzuki.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No luck there either

Thanks for the heads-up Ted.

Unfortunately they don't have any in stock either and they're saying back-ordered until the end of July - with no guarranty.

I'm still searching.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wish I could give you some good news, but I'm having the same problem. I have both Pirillis and Bridgestones on back order. The Pirilli's wont arrive until Nov. and the Bridgestones in about 2 weeks. My back tire is completely shot and summer is flying by!

Cheers,

bob

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
This is nuts ! I've had a set of Pirilli's on order for 2 weeks, just now finding out the rear tire is back ordered till end of July but I may get the front tire next week.
Somebody fell asleep at the switch. :evil:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dan, you should be able to get 12k miles on the orgional tires without too much worry. Angel has 14,500 on hers and still has good tread but the back tire isn't rounded like it used to be. Replacements are back ordered and should be here around the 1st week in August (so our dealer says).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Bill Trammell said:
Dan, you should be able to get 12k miles on the orgional tires without too much worry. Angel has 14,500 on hers and still has good tread but the back tire isn't rounded like it used to be.
12k is pretty high. Some of us have had to replace the rear tire at as little as 5k miles. A lot depends on how you ride, where you ride, tire pressures maintained, and how much weight you typically carry. I replaced my rear at 5300 miles, and I'll be replacing the front this week at 9500 miles. The front still has pretty good tread, but it has worn irregularly in spots and is starting to effect handling. I also don't wait until the tire is thread bare before replacing it. You've only got two tires between you and disaster on a motorcycle or scooter. So as soon as a wear bar comes to surface - that tire is going to get changed.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Burgerman

burgerman said:
i'd ck with oneida again, i just called them and they said a big order of the tires was coming this week so u should be set for september

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/xcart ... ctid=18757
Looks like I'll be good to go. Now if I can find a dealer to install them without delay on my trip things should go smoothly.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Double update, they were suppose to ship one tire but they shipped both.
Any one know of a reason I should not go to a local Honda dealer to have them installed ?
Nearest Suzuki dealer is 96 miles

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've had tires put on by a llocal, independant, tire dealer, $10 each. Their reqular equipment seemed to work well. Only problem is that they couldn't balance the Reflex tires, but possible the Burg rear, (at least my 400) has a big enuf hole to fit on the balance machine.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
You should consider the 90 degree valve stems. I know I am when I get my new tires so that checking the air is easier!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts