Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried three different tire guages after getting my Burgman and none seemed to work in the right manner because of angle or to tight of a fit on straight ones. I knew if I could find one with a 90degree angle that it would work just fine. One day I was in Advance Auto Supply paying for another item when I saw this guage with 15" flexible tube & 90degree head in a bin at cash register. I told cashier that it might work on motorcycle & she made no comment, but I went ahead & paid for it & brought it home tryed it out & it's been one of the best investments I've made. After a few days I got to looking at receipt & Lord Behold it said Motorcycle Dial Tire PR RRA60XB LTD Lifetime Repl. & cashier didn't even know!
Unit is ACCU-GAGE 60# max with release valve, brass fittings & appx 11' braided tube, total about 15"w/fittings. Price was $11.88w/out tax. PN# RRA60XB
Butch

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I ended up with a digital with a 90 deg. head, but it cost be almost twice as much as yours....
Think you got the better deal :(

·
Registered
689 Posts
Forget about finding the right tire gauge, get the tire minder and all you problem with having the right tire pressure will be over. Another member got these for me and I never worry about having the right air pressure anymore, I just look at the caps and off I go. Web address is

http://www.tornadofuelsaver.com/tiremin ... 2449228e32

·
Registered
133 Posts
burg650 said:
Forget about finding the right tire gauge, get the tire minder and all you problem with having the right tire pressure will be over.
The one I have is still nice, because it is still a pain getting air into the tire when you need it! You just clip it on the stem and fill 'er up with instant pressure feedback.

Do you find that you get any extra leakage with these caps? I'm kind of paranoid of them as I read on another board somewhere that they leak?

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have been using them from August and have not seen my pressure go down at all. They have a o ring to seal the cap when you put them on the valve.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
This is the one I bought a couple of months ago. You just clip it on the valve stem and read the pressure. You can add air and release air with the gauge in place. It slips off the valve stem with no loss of air. Works great in the tight space on the 650. http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.c ... 348&cid=90

We had a big discussion on the TireMinder- type of valve caps awhile back. They have their pros and cons. I do know that a buddy of mine had one fail on the Skyline Drive a few years ago and leave him with a flat in the middle of nowhere in the fog. The motorcycle shop where we had it repaired (new valve caps) said they had seen the same problem several times. Just keep an eye on them.
Don

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have never been a big fan of clip on tire guages, guess I just never got the knack of using one. I do know if tube type tire loses a lot of air valve stem tends to want go back into mounting hole when you try to clip on to it! This shouldn't happen w/Burgman as it is a tubeless tire & stem is mounted to wheel.
Well I guess that's why they make so many makes & models so that we all find what works best for us

Butch

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Not being the type to leave well enough alone I ordered the Tire-Minders..
Guess I have this deep seated need to be a guinea pig. :(

·
Registered
133 Posts
Randy said:
Not being the type to leave well enough alone I ordered the Tire-Minders..
Guess I have this deep seated need to be a guinea pig. :(
Me too Randy... :) I got a 34 and a 40. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts