Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I rode two up on her 400 last night. I know I should have added air to the tires, but didn't. Between us, we add over 400 lbs to the bike when we're two up. Anyone have advice regarding recommended air pressure in this situation?

Thanks,
Mike (who represents most of that weight, unfortunately.)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
The owners Manual does in fact list "two up" increase in tire pressure .
If you don't have a manual someone here will look it up, mine is not available right now.
For what it's worth I am a heavy weight and keep them at around 27 front and 38 rear,
don't forget to adjust your shock :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Randy said:
The owners Manual does in fact list "two up" increase in tire pressure .
If you don't have a manual someone here will look it up, mine is not available right now.
For what it's worth I am a heavy weight and keep them at around 27 front and 38 rear,
don't forget to adjust your shock :)
Thanks. The manual shows going to 41 on the rear with 2 up and 25 in the front tire. I thought that I might be putting more weight with 2 up than most people and wondered if anyone had experience with this.

Diet might be the best solution, but it starts with "die." :)

Mike

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Mikep wrote
Diet might be the best solution, but it starts with "die."
True, but that's something we all have to do anyway :lol:
Back to your point about putting more weight w/ 2 up then most.
I own a 400---have put 20,000 miles on it myself and the "stuff " I carrie has to be over 280 lbs. and no problem-- 400 lbs. I think I would go maybe a couple of lbs. over max. and keep an eye on tire wear.
The 400 is a great bike but if this to-up becomes habit , you may want to think about his & hers, or a 650 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts