Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In February, on a 65 degree F day, I finally sold off my non-running Honda 250 Elite I'd had since 1985. It hadn't run for 2 years. Having done that, my wife OKed a replacement. I started looking, but was planning on putting off the purchase until late spring or early summer when I knew I'd have good riding weather. But every day since I sold that Honda, the weather has been "unseasonably warm" and mostly dry. Perfect riding weather. So instead of waiting I figured I'd buy right now and start enjoying a new scooter. Got my 2004 Burgman 650 saturday, and rode it home on a nearly perfect 61 degree dry day. This week is spring break (I'm a college professor) and was going to be a week of riding everywhere to get me used to my new scoot.

Apparently God noticed He hadn't let it rain in Kansas lately, and decided now would be a good time. It's been raining all day, and is supposed to rain all week, with temps in the 40s. Now I can ride in the rain if I have to. Did it all the time on my old Honda, usually when I'd ridden it dry to work and the rain started at go-home time. But I bought that Honda 20 years ago, and that means I'm 20 years older. That also means I won't ride a new scooter I'm not used to in the cold rain if I don't have to.

Timing. Sucks. :evil: I wanna ride my Scooter! :cry:

Dave B.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I just started riding again last week, and we have the same wet forecast for this week. Unfortunately, being a bit further North, we are supposed to get some of it as snow. I don't think it will exceed one or two inches. I just hope they don't roll out the sand/salt trucks!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Dave,Paul,
Hang in there !!! summer is comming. :)
I have been having bad weather down here also, has not got above 85 in weeks :p

Yes :!: I failed the course on "How to make friend and influence people "

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK Randy, When it eventually gets to 100 here I'll send a little of it down to you. For the moment, it looks like south Kansas and Oklahoma are getting tornados. The rain here is supposed to break wednesday, only to return again thursday evening. I might get a day or two in then.

can't hardy stand it... a new toy, and can't play with it!

Dave B.

·
Premium Member
4,919 Posts
4D - you poe poe thing. I empathize.

Gulf Coast Highway.....

8)

It was almost about 70 2day!

:roll:

Anyone gone storm chasing on a scooter!? :?: They're here~!

:wink:

Pedz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts