Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install turn indicator LED's on my exec today. I've looked at the MancraftingTM video and it's a piece of cake. It appears that he put the lights on his mirror housing. My only decision is whether to stick the lights on the mirror or on the housing....I am leaning towards the housing...Looking for opinions on placement only...Thanks and keep the rubber down....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Link to MancraftingTM Video please.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Thanks Ready2ride,
Do you have a link for the lights you are using ?

I vote we make this the #2 Mod after the Emergency Seat Release Cable !....... Great Find Ready2ride.

·
Registered
356 Posts
What's the point of this mod?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Steve...I sent Daris the link....I've watched it a few times....my post said "that it is difficult to see where the lights were placed" and to get members to VOTE on their preference of mounting location....MIRROR OR HOUSING......Thanks, have a good one.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Thanks to Ready2ride I watched the vid but didn’t see a link for the lights....so with help of Google I found some. I hate when someone leaves their flasher on..especially when it’s me. I’ll be flashing in a town near you soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to Ready2ride I watched the vid but didn’t see a link for the lights....so with help of Google I found some. I hate when someone leaves their flasher on..especially when it’s me. I’ll be flashing in a town near you soon.
Hardest part was the little tiny wires in the LED strip..used a little tiny bit of solder because the wires wouldn't stay twisted for me to poke into the connector....did one side and works great...tomorrow the left side....should be able to do it in 15 minutes but took me an hour.....did you order the lights from Oznium.com? I bought amber and they sort of look yellow.....but I like them...Good luck.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I got mine from ebay....12v, waterproof, 12 light chase sequence x2 for $4.34 free ship. I’m going to install mine under the top lip of mirror housing thinking that will be the driest.

·
Registered
356 Posts
So I can see a better reminder to turn off my turn signal indicator and not ride with my thumb on the switch. Anything to help an old man....you youngsters would not understand.....
LOL I was not called youngster from loooooong times! :D

I plugged a piezo beeper in each mirror, just "forcing" the soldered wires in the back of lamp connectors: they stuck between the case and the metal part of the lamp wires and stay there.

A quick'n'dirty solution that allows me to know by ear what direction is on, with the only drawback that the emergency blinker now sounds a bit like a carnival :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol.....buzzer would not work too good if you if can not hear well or were deaf. What year were you born youngseter?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
My vote is on the housing. I am very interested in putting this on my 650 as I have left the signal on many times. Can someone direct me or provide a PT# for this Oznium LED setup. On the Oznium website, I am unable to find the correct LED strip the same as in the video. Can it be purchased on Amazon?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Just scroll up when this page opens. Ordering is on the right side.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
My vote is on the housing. I am very interested in putting this on my 650 as I have left the signal on many times. Can someone direct me or provide a PT# for this Oznium LED setup. On the Oznium website, I am unable to find the correct LED strip the same as in the video. Can it be purchased on Amazon?
Many Thanks
Scarlo, Thanks to Steve_YYZ he has posted the link right above this post.

P.S. Since you are both from Canada have you ever met any Hutterites ?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've had the beepers on a couple of bikes. The PO had installed them on my 400 but I removed them shortly after I acquired it. Partly because couldn't hear it well, especially when moving, and partly because wiring was not terribly neat. May have been something else I'm not remembering, too.

I just wish I had those nice 650 mirrors with handy signal wiring where I could easily mount some indicators. #B400problems

1 - 20 of 28 Posts