Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
considering the 650 is only 125 (or so ) lbs heaver then my 400 what I do should work well for you.
Up front Canyon Dancer and one strap over the passenger section of the seat (with proper protection ).
I do have the wheels "chocked" on the sides with short 2X4 's up front.
If it makes you feel better instead of a strap over the seat slip one (doubled) around the rear tire.
this or the over the seat just stops the rear of bike from jumping around.
one last thing I have found the Canyon Dance should be snug but really not to tight. hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's not you ,
it must be that advanced course in clairvoyance I didn't take . :?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just sold my Gold Wing Trike and am contemplating a new Burgman 650.
I would be trailering it on a flat bed trailer some of the time and was wondering about how to tie it down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
794 Posts
850 miles of "trailreing"

Campbell, CA to Port Orchard, WA in a rented U-Haul trailer.

I used 4 ratcheting tiedowns and 2 soft loop handlebar straps. Front end cinched down with 2 tiedowns and straps wrapped around the throttle and left handgrip. Rear cinched down with the remaining tiedowns attached to the passenger handrails. I had no chocks to use so I was a bit nervous about the scooter shifting around but it never budged.

1 fly in the ointment. Although I used household rubber gloves wrapped around the passenger hanrails and my tiedown hooks are rubber coated, I still managed to wear a couple of small spots through the paint. Easily remedied with touch-up paint but I'll use something like sheepskin as a protector in the future.

Regards,

Dan

·
Registered
370 Posts
tieing down a Burgman

I called Suzuki USA to ask this very question after purchasing my 650. The tech on the phone told me it was NOT a good idea to use the rear "passenger" hand holds, but suggested to do what they do with the racing bikes from the factory. It's a tiedown system called "Canyon Dancer" ( I know, I know, "what a name"[email protected]~!,) But by doing a quick Google, found them and bought em. They work great and are super easy to use. No financial interest, just a happy user.
jac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts