Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may not have my Throttlemeister installed properly. When the temperature is below 80 degrees, it is almost useless. As it gets warmer it becomes effective, I assume this is due to expansion of the grip. I do not have a friction disc present so the twist is making direct contact with the rubber grip... I have had no response from Throttlemeister as to whether a friction disc was supposed to have been included for use on my '13 650. Any Throttlemeister users have an idea?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have moved the throttlemeister from my wee strom to my burg 650 with no problem, I used the included rubber insert which is necessary for it to work.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
I have a Throttlemeister on my 06 400. It's been many years since I installed it but as best I can remember the installation went something like this.

I don't remember any friction disc but there was a friction sleeve. You rolled the end of the grip back and pushed that sleeve up on the throttle tube until it bottomed out against the end of the tube then you roller the grip back over it. After you have that in place you assemble the Throttlemeister by putting the bolt through the end and the supplied shims and washers and screwing it into the clamping piece that goes inside the bar. Next you slide the clamping piece up inside the bar and tighten it up. This is just an initial install though. Once you have it in you have to check the adjustment.

You check to see that the throttle moves freely with the lock disengaged and that it holds so that you can just turn the throttle by hand with it fully engaged. If the adjustment is to loose then you remove it from the bar and remove one shim from the stack then reinstall and check the adjustment again. You keep doing this until the adjustment is correct.

·
Premium Member
14,257 Posts
Found this video showing the installation on a sport bike. It is a little different because of how the bar ends mount on that bike but the part you might want to see is installing the friction sleeve. It goes on like the one on the Burgman goes on. That starts at 4:40 on the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkrfEyx9Zfg

If you don't have one of those friction sleeves on your bike then that could be your problem. If you do have it then you may just need to remove one of the shims.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

thanks to all... I bought the Throttlemeister from someone else and there was no friction sleeve. I am convinced that is the problem. I'll try Throttlemeister again about acquiring the sleeve. On a previous try their response was "we'll get back too you". That was seven or eight months ago. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have one that is just like that. Idk what brand it is since there's no makers mark. But, I personally don't like have to contort my hand to spin the thing shut. Love the breakaway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Call them. They always answer the phone each time I've contacted them. BTW, you do need the sleeve. That will resolve your expansion / contraction issue.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Marty, I stayed 5 days in Kerrville last spring doing the great Hill Country roads. 16 down to Bandera was my first twisty on the scooter and I decided that it was a keeper. I was living in Georgetown at the time and bought my 650 from a great dealer there. I hope you are enjoying your new scooter...Don

1 - 8 of 8 Posts