Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Brakeaway Cruise Control

Has anyone tried to install this cruise control? What seems to be nice about this one is that a tap on the front brake will disengage the cruise control. Or you can hit the off button: BrakeAway Products Motorcycle Cruise Control

I have emailed the company and they have replied that no one from the Portland Oregon area has let them play with a Burgie:

Daryl,

I'm sorry, we have not had the opportunity to test the BrakeAway on the
Suzuki Burgman yet. We will need to find someone in the Portland OR. area to let us play with their bike for a couple of hours to do some testing.

Regards,
Bryan Fechner
BrakeAway Products Inc.

It looks like a nice system, a little more than the Vista or the 'O' rings, but I like the brake disengage idea.

Daryl

· Registered
159 Posts
In an emergency, is it still easy to control the throttle &/or disengage the control to stop with the O ring?

This is a motorcycle cruise control. Once you are up to speed, presss the on button and it holds your speed. If you need to speed up or slow down, you are able to adjust the speed with the throttle. If you want to disengage the control, lightly tap the front brake or press the off button.

For me, the vista cruise or this brakeaway "cruise control" would be very nice to have. After all the money I have invested in the Burgman so far, a couple of hundred more wouldn't break my bank, and I like the look (I am a gadget freek, just ask my wife)!

The one advantage this Brakeaway has over the Vista Cruise is that the front brake can disengage the control. Also, ease of installing will make a determining factor of which system to use. If I was in the Portland area, I would love to let them play with my Burgie to get one to fit.

Anyways, Happy Holidays to All!
:santa:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.