Suzuki Burgman USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
10,292 Posts
Budd Blume said:
[snipped] I was fascinated to hear that he also has adapted an aftermarket cruise control to Honda Helixes and Silverwings. J.C. Whitney is the source for the electronic unit. He states that it would be no problem to put on on my Burger. It only involves the speed sensor. Joe's phone is:
423-246-7076.
If you ever follow that up Budd, I would be interested to hear of the details.

· Premium Member
10,292 Posts
Invincsum said:
I've tried the throttle rocker thingy but can't get it to stay in one place without slipping and being useless. Any advice? (Besides "You just wasted a tenner"? :) )

Bryna
Hi Bryna (give my love to Sushi :wink: )

First off ( and this is only if you are talking Throttle Rocker II) I can assure you mine does not slip !

But there are 2 additions you need to assure this:

1. Install the rubber sleeve on the throtle grip ( this sleeve is like a very wide rubber band say about 0.5-0.75 inches. I understand some throttle rockers were shipped without these.

2. Fit the upgraded strap (redesigned) so more velcro attachment area.

My recommendation is that you send Terry an email at [email protected] and explain the problem (and 1&2 above). I feel sure he will provide swiftly.

:)

· Premium Member
10,292 Posts
Re: Brakeaway Cruise Control

billmeek said:
Spunkysquid said:
It looks like a nice system, a little more than the Vista or the 'O' rings, but I like the brake disengage idea.
Daryl,

Yeah. Looks like a nice sytem. But at $199 ... it's not just a "little more". :wink:
It is a very nicely engineered device BUT it is not cruise CONTROL - it is a twistgrip friction device which has the same function as the 'O' Rings some people are using to great effect. You can buy a lot of 'O'' rings for $199. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.